Multi-assest etfs

valueplayer

Dryer sheet wannabe
I just read an article on CNBC, I can post it if you like. About these products. I was just curious if anybody uses them or has any real insight into the product? On a basic level they sound interesting.

Thanks!

Can you name them? I've been looking for an ETF equivalent to Vanguard Wellington Fund

Can you name them? I've been looking for an ETF equivalent to Vanguard Wellington Fund
Here's a list. The iShares versions have ERs of about .30 (most others are higher), so not as cheap as many diversified/multi-asset mutual funds or "plain" ETFs. Nothing wrong with these ETFs in theory, but it seems you can get the same results cheaper by using MFs (at least for now). A Vanguard Target Date fund will have an ER of about .18.

Wellington is a managed fund, so it isn't directly comparable to index-based MFs or ETFs. Wellington has an ER of .26% (Admiral shares: .18%).

Last edited:
I got an Email from Fidelity last week with IShares' recent ETF financial results.

So many ETF's are relatively new products. It's nice to have some having a history of success that can be followed.

I've been putting new tax paid monies into some ETF's. They're beating my Credit Union's interest by far.

Sounds like the ETF Marketers have found a new pitch. I've always been wary of buying securities based on yield. Usually, there's a catch.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom