Must have missed it....

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, I am sure that there was one.... but must have missed it...

Where was W2R's 'Wheeee':confused:

Eh, the sore loser sell-off will be short lived once all the hysteria is over.

Funny, futures were up until Draghi said the Euro debt crisis was starting to affect Germany...

Funny, futures were up until Draghi said the Euro debt crisis was starting to affect Germany...
+1. The impression I got was that the Euros were scaring people more than the US gridlock potential.

So what's the consensus? Good time to buy or time for a tin foil hat?

CNBC article:Why Stocks May Keep Falling: 'The Sugar High Will End'Why Stocks May Keep Falling: 'The Sugar High Will End' - US Business News - CNBC

"The sort of risk-on risk-off for markets that has dominated basically since the collapse of Lehman Brothers is coming to an end. Selectivity is returning," said Lee Ferridge, head of macro strategy for North America at State Street Global Markets. "What we're going into and what we will see for the rest of the year and in 2013 is a much more domestic story. In stocks that's going to mean individual stories. Stock picking could come back."

Looks like great great galactic alignment is approaching.

Attachments

• tumblr_maqxnmgUyZ1re4ne0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_maqxnmgUyZ1re4ne0o1_500.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9
...so let me ask...
what sources do you use for investment information?
is all of the media in the land of oz:confused:?

So what's the consensus? Good time to buy or time for a tin foil hat?
What:confused:!!!! You are not following my market timing newsletter? Shame on you! :cool:

Just follow Unclemick's system, psssst.... whatever.

5 months of expenses gone on post-election day for me. Easy come, easy go, like they say.

What if the Oracle of New Orleans made a silent Wh**** that we did not know about? Or perhaps she made this proclamation on the mod's exchange that we are not privy to? Excuse me for being suspicious, but there has to be a reason for this.

Anyway, on any day, by market close I already know how my stock positions fare. Then, I have to wait for MF reportings, which are about 2-3 hrs after market close. My wife's 401k proprietary funds came even later.

So, the game for me after market close has been to guesstimate what the gains/losses of the MFs and wife's 401k funds would be, then see how close I get when the real numbers come in. I am usually reasonably close, but do not know for sure until the late evening.

On the good days, the numbers just keep adding up as they come in. On a bad day, the pain keeps piling on. What excitement!

What if the Oracle of New Orleans made a silent Wh**** that we did not know about? Or perhaps she made this proclamation on the mod's exchange that we are not privy to? Excuse me for being suspicious, but there has to be a reason for this.

Anyway, on any day, by market close I already know how my stock positions fare. Then, I have to wait for MF reportings, which are about 2-3 hrs after market close. My wife's 401k proprietary funds came even later.

So, the game for me after market close has been to guesstimate what the gains/losses of the MFs and wife's 401k funds would be, then see how close I get when the real numbers come in. I am usually reasonably close, but do not know for sure until the late evening.

On the good days, the numbers just keep adding up as they come in. On a bad day, the pain keeps piling on. What excitement!

And they ask 'What do you do all day?'......

And they ask 'What do you do all day?'......
Heck, if "they" have any money, they would do it too, but at work and while getting paid.

I have heard that some megacorps have blocked financial web sites with their firewalls. Then, their employees would use smartphones to check, even to trade!

I try to avoid the mental anguish of worrying about declines from high water marks.

At this moment the SP500 (SPY etf) is at 139.45. That works out to roughly a gain of +13.5% over 12 months. Something to celebrate about. :):):)

I guess I should take consolation in the fact that I am still up almost 10% YTD, despite sitting on 25% cash. The "Scrooge" in me is still mad, however.

"Greed is good... Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind... " - Gordon Gekko. :)

PS. Uh oh! It might not be 10% after today's close!

Yep! Looks like a loss of another 3 months of living expenses today, by the time everything is in.

Are we having fun yet? And I did not even get to hear a joyful Wh***!

Back
Top Bottom