Mutual of America to Scottrade or Vanguard

Ricardof

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi-
Does anyone have direct experience with Mutual of America and an IRA account? I have been reading ER for several months and this is my first post, so if I have not followed some rules of etiquitte, please let me know.

I had 403 & tda accounts with Mutual of America through a former employer and rolled it over to an IRA at MoA at 59 1/2 as a temporary move. I am no longer with the employer and am free to roll it into a different brokerage company. Am considering IRA rollover to Scottrade or Vanguard, where there are many more investment choices and easy to understand fee structures.

I am 60, ER, usually go with index funds, and do do not need to make withdrawls from this account for several years. MoA is easy to work with, but my experience has been:
a) choices are limited
b) it is difficult to see how much a particular investment has gained or lost as the reports are composite
c) It is difficult to tease out actual fees for services

I saw a reference or two to dissatisfaction with M oA because of a stated .09 annual fee and another unspecified issue.

Does anyone have direct experience, negative or positive, with Mutual of America and an IRA account? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom