Need annual performance for last 20 years

T

Tiger

Does anybody know where I can find a site that allows me to find the annual performance of all mutual funds for the last 20 years?

Oh wait a minute....I didn't notice the yankkee emblem as an avatar......Go find it yourself!

I should have mentioned that I wanted a place where the data is free.

By the way M* and Principia only go back 12 years.

Art G how close to Boston do you live?

How on earth is Principia Mathematica going to help here? I mean, it is one of the best bodies of work of all time, but still....

Principia is a subscription-based mutual fund analytical tool. They also offer stock and VA tools for a fee.......

Principia is $525 a year, so not everyone will buy it...........;)

I should have mentioned that I wanted a place where the data is free.

By the way M* and Principia only go back 12 years.

Art G how close to Boston do you live?

LOL! According to Maquest, about 1800 miles. You don't have to be in the Red Sox nation to hate the yankees. I was just up there for a game recently and treated by the employees about as badly as I would have expected. They lived up to all my expectations!

I have the software, but it's not cheap. Why would anyone need it though?

Can of Worms

Don't know where for that, why do you need 20-year numbers?

I would like this data to answer the age old question:
Which performs better, an index fund or a managed fund?

Or more specificly, will my chosen managed funds continue to outperform the index. Is it true that some funds / fund managers defy the "mean revision" trend? I have read books and heard opinions. I want to find recent data to decide for myself.

I don't mean to open a can of worms or thread hijack but you did ask:).

Your opinions and help are always appreciated.

The reason that I want those stats is so I can see how a fund faired as compared to the market.

I can tell ya' that every American Fund with a stock in it, has outperformed the S&P since its' inception. Does that help?

How many funds have had the same manager(s) for 20 years?

Hmm, I can install Morningstar Direct but I'm having trouble finding if we have a copy of Morningstar Principia here.

How many funds have had the same manager(s) for 20 years?

If you're asking me, it's a two part answer. American Funds doesn't use a single manager system. They have all their funds multi managed.
With that said, the average time on the job for their managers is like 26 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom