Need annual performance for last 20 years

T

Tiger

Does anybody know where I can find a site that allows me to find the annual performance of all mutual funds for the last 20 years?

Oh wait a minute....I didn't notice the yankkee emblem as an avatar......Go find it yourself!

I should have mentioned that I wanted a place where the data is free.

By the way M* and Principia only go back 12 years.

Art G how close to Boston do you live?

How on earth is Principia Mathematica going to help here? I mean, it is one of the best bodies of work of all time, but still....

Principia is a subscription-based mutual fund analytical tool. They also offer stock and VA tools for a fee.......

Principia is $525 a year, so not everyone will buy it...........;)

I should have mentioned that I wanted a place where the data is free.

By the way M* and Principia only go back 12 years.

Art G how close to Boston do you live?

LOL! According to Maquest, about 1800 miles. You don't have to be in the Red Sox nation to hate the yankees. I was just up there for a game recently and treated by the employees about as badly as I would have expected. They lived up to all my expectations!

I have the software, but it's not cheap. Why would anyone need it though?

Can of Worms

Don't know where for that, why do you need 20-year numbers?

I would like this data to answer the age old question:
Which performs better, an index fund or a managed fund?

Or more specificly, will my chosen managed funds continue to outperform the index. Is it true that some funds / fund managers defy the "mean revision" trend? I have read books and heard opinions. I want to find recent data to decide for myself.

I don't mean to open a can of worms or thread hijack but you did ask:).

Your opinions and help are always appreciated.

The reason that I want those stats is so I can see how a fund faired as compared to the market.

I can tell ya' that every American Fund with a stock in it, has outperformed the S&P since its' inception. Does that help?

How many funds have had the same manager(s) for 20 years?

Hmm, I can install Morningstar Direct but I'm having trouble finding if we have a copy of Morningstar Principia here.

How many funds have had the same manager(s) for 20 years?

If you're asking me, it's a two part answer. American Funds doesn't use a single manager system. They have all their funds multi managed.
With that said, the average time on the job for their managers is like 26 years.

Back
Top Bottom