? Need suggests for opportunities that are interesting/modivating during retirement.

Lookin2Enjoy

Dryer sheet wannabe
55 year old workacholic, ready to retire. Throughout my career, I have been solving business problems for others. Now that I am in a position to quit all that, I can't figure out what I want to do to start enjoying life. I lack my own activity or things to do list... I'm searching for some ideas that are interesting and stimulating and will continue to exercise the body and the mind. :confused: Thanks for helping out with my dilemia.

Dont know your likes or dislikes. Very hard to give any information without telling me a bit about yourself.

Do what you like in retirement. How about solving business problems for others?

Thanks for the early responses. I'm looking for ideas to avoid becoming board and mindless during my retirement. I am not looking to continue my career. I have no dislikes and likes is what I am looking to renew. I do have a strong proficient when it comes to working with computers...

I always suggest that people look at the volunteer possibilities in their community. It can be very rewarding and interesting. You may want to try something you've never done before.

I pushed a pencil for many years. When I left my job, I looked around and found something I love...law enforcement. Talk about a change in my life. ;)

dunno about retirement, but I found the questions and tests in What Color is Your Parachute? useful when doing a career change. Pick up last year's copy - they don't change that much.

ta,
mews

Score sounds like something you might find rewarding. Also check out volunteer opportunities with AARP.

Coach

Thanks for the early responses. I'm looking for ideas to avoid becoming board and mindless during my retirement. I am not looking to continue my career. I have no dislikes and likes is what I am looking to renew. I do have a strong proficient when it comes to working with computers...

If you like computers google hires people to work from home researching web sites .

You will probably know what you like to do when you actually do it. Abstract categories might be able to help you get started, but it is ultimately going to require you trying out a lot of different activities until you find something you like.

This is something everyone has done in discovering what they like to do, you probably just have forgotten your past experiences or just haven't had the time to devote towards these activities like others have.

Whatever you do, find something that doesn't feel like work and makes you happy (and don't expect to find it right away, it takes most people years).

Thanks to all of you... I'll be checking into all of your ideas and leads... I'll keep you posted........

Back
Top Bottom