New Fidelity Fund

JPatrick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The Fidelity International Small Cap Fund (FISMX)  has been a very hot foreign fund for the past year.  It goes after the smaller stocks and dips into emerging markets.  The bad news is that it has been closed to new investors for several months.
The good news is that they have opened a fund with very similar objectives.>>The Fidelity International Small Cap Opportunity Fund (FSCOX).  $2500 min w/ 90 day holding period.
I'm buying this guy today.

One stock idea.- - NDAQ >>Runs/ operates the NAS.  I gave up my QQQQ holdings Friday to a $39 option assignment and rolled the money into NDAQ yesterday @ $24.64. Have written the OCT $25 calls for $1.10.  If called in October it is about a 4.5% deal.  It's a boring stock and this was a boring transaction, but a little boring ain't all bad. ;)

JP -

Noticed it as well

Pro - fewer assets to deploy which allows manager more flexibility

Con - hot money

Updating this transaction- - -
If anyone bought NDAQ in the area I did, this may be a good time to take your profits. 8)  Has traded today as high as $27.27 which is a tidy 2 week profit if you got in under $25.  Earnings and a CC tonight after the market closes.  I think all will be well, but if you are short term oriented today may be the time to leave. I'll still be here as I sold the Oct option.  If you are a long term holder, I'd say just press on and possibly add a little if earnings are OK and weakness develops afterwards.

JPatrick said:
JPatrick One stock idea.- - NDAQ >>Runs/ operates the NAS.  I gave up my QQQQ holdings Friday to a $39 option assignment and rolled the money into NDAQ yesterday @ $24.64. Have written the OCT $25 calls for $1.10.  If called in October it is about a 4.5% deal.  It's a boring stock and this was a boring transaction said:
Updating this transaction- - -
If anyone bought NDAQ in the area I did, this may be a good time to take your profits. 8)  Has traded today as high as $27.27 which is a tidy 2 week profit if you got in under $25.  Earnings and a CC tonight after the market closes.  I think all will be well, but if you are short term oriented today may be the time to leave. I'll still be here as I sold the Oct option.  If you are a long term holder, I'd say just press on and possibly add a little if earnings are OK and weakness develops afterwards.

Confession time::  I was looking at a different stock when I posted the above update resulting in a screw up.  :mad:  The actual earnings event for NDAQ is on Oct 26 and not 5 Oct as I posted above. 
The stock continues strong trading as high as $29.60 so far today.  I'm starting to feel bad about selling that $25 call and leaving all that cash on the table, but that is the options game. 
Good Luck

NDAQ opened positive  and has traded strongly above $30 which may be a top for awhile.
If you happened to buy sub-$25 just a few weeks ago you now sit on a 20% profit and the possibility of protecting part of that gain by selling a call, for example, a Nov 30 call could net you about $1.90 at the moment.  This in itself is a 7% profit.  A bit over 5 weeks from now you have many possible outcomes.
You could lose the stock at $30 and pocket the large profit.
If the stock is below $30 you might be able to sell the 30 call again. 
If the stock falls below $25 you could sell the $25 call (as I did)  and still be making money.
The stock could really fall out of bed and --well, you'd be playing the market.
Of course, all these options relate to a  purchase price of $25 as originally noted in the first post.
Please excuse the detail, but many posters in the past have talked about options and this transaction offers a good blow by blow education of a very conservative transaction.
Thus far it is a happy story.  Plenty go the other way.  All the info also assumes you use a deep discount broker. :)

Back
Top Bottom