New Member who likes to play with future numbers

tykonderoga

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi All,
Just joined today and was wondering what your favorite tools are for doing long term future planning/modeling?
Ty

Awesome, thanks for the quick replies... will be checking these out (except excel which I am well versed at ;)

If you shared more about where in the process you are, certain tools make more sense to explore.

My personal favorite is i-orp. It's a linear programming model (optimization). It's different in that you don't tell it what you think you'll need to spend. Instead, you give it what you have (and what you plan to save), and it tells you how much you can spend.

Well, I'm in my mid-40's and would like a way to enter what my income, expenses and investments are and the program will tell me if i have enough... looking for. I still have kids who won't go to college for another 15 years and i'd like to run some "what-if" scenarios testing if I can retire early and what not...

My "current" favorite retirement tools:
1) FireCalc
2) Fidelity retirement income planner (or what ever the new name is?)
3) Flexible Retirement Planner (free online download)
4) Lifetime planner in Quicken

I use these tools for check & balance when running different scenarios.. I'm always on the lookout for the "one solution" tool that will take account of all my variables w/ historical (Monte Carlo) simulations. Have not found it yet :)...

My "current" favorite retirement tools:
1) FireCalc
2) Fidelity retirement income planner (or what ever the new name is?)
3) Flexible Retirement Planner (free online download)
4) Lifetime planner in Quicken

I use these tools for check & balance when running different scenarios.. I'm always on the lookout for the "one solution" tool that will take account of all my variables w/ historical (Monte Carlo) simulations. Have not found it yet :)...

I like the Fidelity tool as well. They call it RPM retirement preparedness measure. I like the fact that you can get vary detailed with it including down to a monthly budget if you like.

Back
Top Bottom