New Post in the E-R mailbag

Hmmm.... interesting. I sent an email asking for more information. Not sure if we (DW and I) can provide any input for the article but I'm willing to help if it's not too detailed/personal. We'll see what happens.

hmmmm....here are her requests:

Looking for folks who have taken early retirement fairly recently: Four years ago...is that recent?

Somewhere between the ages of 55 and 62: I'm in that range!

Did it even though they didn't have a pension: Have two of em but not yet drawing on either.

Maybe you moved to a cheaper place to live?: Bought a second house in a cheaper area than my first house! That might count.

Or continue to work in a part-time capacity? Do a little consulting so I'm good on this count.

Or power saved to reach your goal?: UH, how do you think I retired early?

Or had a side business or hobby that brought in money and enabled you to save more during your working years or bring in extra income post-retirement?: No on the side business or hobby while I was working, kind of on the post retirement income.

Think I'm out....plus I'd never read a magazine that had me as a subject.

How much are they compensating interviewees for this?

I think she'd stand a better chance of getting a good interview if she could find the time to hang out here a while and identify the major players/most interesting characters in this forum herself.

However, it took me many months, so it's probably not a time-efficient method for her.

I think she'd stand a better chance of getting a good interview if she could find the time to hang out here a while and identify the major players/most interesting characters in this forum herself.

However, it took me many months, so it's probably not a time-efficient method for her.
This is Money Magazine. :cool:

I spoke to Donna and she indicated there is some flexibility on the age limits she posted in the initial thread. I don't know how much higher or lower (in age) she would consider but if you're interested I think it's worth the price of an email to give her some idea of who you are and she can decide if your situation fits into the article she's writing. I suspect she might be interested in hearing from people that retired early several years ago - that would give her a sense of how life and finances progress over a period of time.

Since 90% of us are introverts, I guess we'll leave it up to the other 10% to do the interviews :)
TJ

The early retirement article will be in the upcoming issue of Money magazine. Money subscribers will have already received the new issue - otherwise, the new issue will be on news stands this week. I'll search to see if it's available online and start a new thread if somebody else hasn't already done so.

Back
Top Bottom