No brainer?

MRGALT2U said:
I had the bidding forms filled out, had visited the property,
had maps, aerial photos, the required check etc and was on
my way to drop everything off when I had an epiphany.

You can't get any lazier than that.
A truly lazy person wouldn't have run through that whole due diligence & paperwork drill in the first place...

REWahoo! said:
JG, thanks for showing some restraint and avoiding the use of a four letter word to more succinctly describe what you were avoiding: "w*rk". ;)

REW

I think we should make Maynard G. Krebs (Dobey Gillis) an honorary member of this forum for his aversion to "w*rk !!!".

MJ said:
I think we should make Maynard G. Krebs (Dobey Gillis) an honorary member of this forum for his aversion to "w*rk !!!".

Wow...thanks!!! I'd forgotten about those guys. But they're not the same.

Maynard G. Krebs was Dobey Gillis's beatnik friend. If I recall, he was played by Bob Denver, same guy that played Gilligan. What a stab from the past!!! And let's not forget Zelda!! :)

bosco said:
And let's not forget Zelda!! :)

Speaking of Zelda...

"Sheila James, who played Zelda Gilroy, became a pioneering civil rights attorney in real life. In the 1997-98 session she was the first woman in California history to be named Speaker pro Tempore of that body. In the year 2000, she rose to the lofty heights of Senator Sheila James Kuehl as the first openly gay person elected to the California Legislature. She won reelection in 2004 in a landslide victory."

http://www.tvacres.com/char_gillis_dobie3.htm

REW :)

bosco said:
Wow...thanks!!! I'd forgotten about those guys. But they're not the same.

Maynard G. Krebs was Dobey Gillis's beatnik friend. If I recall, he was played by Bob Denver, same guy that played Gilligan. What a stab from the past!!! And let's not forget Zelda!! :)

What past, it's only 45 years ago that the show got started.

http://www.timvp.com/dobie.html

From the above site:
Dobie and his beatnik buddy Maynard, to who work was a dirty word, did their best to get by with a minimum of effort.
You can also listen to the kinda swinging big band TV theme song as well.

When I used to watch it, I seem to gravitate towards the Maynard character. I was a sort of a conservative beatnik ans was developing a love for jazz. Like Maynard, I have always had a lazy streak running through me.

MJ

MRGALT2U said:
Thanks a lot.  I don't worry about what others may do.  Figure I can deal
with whatever comes up.  Just one of the many perks which come with
galloping egomania  :)   BTW..............if I had the resources, I would
gladly share with "Rove and DeLay".  I don't always agree with their
positions, but I like their in-your-face approach.  I can tolerate people
who disagree with me far more easily than wimpiness and waffling.

JG

Just had a situation which kind of illustrates this (I think). Hope it may be slightly amusing to some. Probably more so to those "vets"
here.

We were out to dinner with another couple a week ago. Nice place and
good company. DW was insulted by some remarks directed at her by the
other husband. I heard nothing even the least bit out of line, although
my hearing is not good and it was noisy. Anyway, on the way home we
were discussing this and I pointed out to DW that even if a dinner companion said to me "Your opinion is stupid! You don't know anything about it and your tone is offensive. What a bunch of BS!" My reaction
would probably be to lean back in my chair and order another glass of wine. Practically oblivious to any sort of criticism. DW, OTOH is
super sensitive to any hint of censure. Causes problems at times.
The other guy did eventually apologize. Still not sure exactly what was said.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
Just had a situation which kind of illustrates this (I think).  Hope it may be slightly amusing to some.  Probably more so to those "vets"
here.

We were out to dinner with another couple a week ago.  Nice place and
good company.  DW was insulted by some remarks directed at her by the
other husband.  I heard nothing even the least bit out of line, although
my hearing is not good and it was noisy.  Anyway, on the way home we
were discussing this and I pointed out to DW that even if a dinner companion said to me "Your opinion is stupid!  You don't know anything about it and your tone is offensive.  What a bunch of BS!"  My reaction
would probably be to lean back in my chair and order another glass of wine.  Practically oblivious to any sort of criticism.  DW, OTOH is
super sensitive to any hint of censure.  Causes problems at times.
The other guy did eventually apologize.  Still not sure exactly what was said.

JG 

JG: You've probably had a lot more experience in this situation than your wife has ;)

ex-Jarhead said:
JG:  You've probably had a lot more experience in this situation than your wife has ;)

True! And I am not a very big guy. Kind of remarkable that I have survived to a relatively advanced age :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom