No Social Security for Millionaires!!!

Damn you Trombone Al!!! Now I have to go change my undies. Good one. :)

PS--I have already passed it along to my gullible family....

PPS--two out of four of them are believing it.

Last edited:
It is, It is. I was going to order up the MacMansion and start spending all the cash I could find. APRIL FOOL 2012 - may be the best give away. Also it is not a news item it is a jpg file.

Last edited:
Certainly increased the "pucker factor" this morning (and I snorted my wine through my nose :rant: )....

- Good one :bat:; of course I passed it on to my former "co-workers" with the message "keep wor*ing" :cool: ...

- Ron

Response from 28-year-old family member after being told it was April Fools (I hope :) ):

so it's a joke? .... totally not farfetched - i don't know of anyone my age who is expecting to get social security. though i would've thought hillary or obama would be in office when they pass this...

Other young family member said to forward it to Hillary. Also said "Well done!" when told it was a joke. So kudos Al for making us smile today.

Last edited:
And to think when we all thought being a millionaire was impossible...remember that?
Now my biggest fear is just hanging on to it all...gulp...after my recent "bath" in the stock market....gulp.

It will not surprise me at all if something like this does get passed in the next ten years. Once again, the prudent will pay for the imprudent.

Cute article. Just believable enough to make a good 4/1 prank. :)

In all seriousness though, I've often wondered what kind of public backlash there would be if the media ever decided to turn their attention to the financial demographics of those on social security. Part of me believes that most of society assumes that everybody collecting Social Security are low-net worth, average folks, and that surely the tax code excludes millionaires from collecting.

Do people assume that millionaires can't receive Social Security? Would there be outrage if they learned that many recipients in fact have net worths in the millions of dollars?

The real April fools joke is that anyone clicking on the link downloaded a trojan keyylogger program that will snarf up their banking info. :)

This is just too close to reality to be funny, Al.

I predict a means test for Medicare by 2012, if not earlier.

I knew it was a prank when I read "The new ruling has gained widespread support from both parties..." My republican friends would never do that. :D

This is just too close to reality to be funny, Al.

I predict a means test for Medicare by 2012, if not earlier.

There already is one. All that has to be done to increase the pain is tighten or loosen the constraints. It is income based (AGI).

Last edited:
If they tried to put a social security cut-off in place that was based on a portfolio of a million or more, I know what I'd do.

I'd take the excess over a million, and buy an immediate fixed lifetime annuity with it! Then I'd show them my (now smaller) Vanguard balance, and demand continuation of my SS. That's what I'd do. :rant:

<<<actively taking notes from Want2retire>>>

Do you think primary residence equity would be involved?

<<<more notes>>>

<<<actively taking notes from Want2retire>>>

Do you think primary residence equity would be involved?

<<<more notes>>>
It said in the article that it wouldn't be. So, buy a McMansion to save your SS!! :2funny:

Back
Top Bottom