No taper

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Did not see that one coming and I suspect that the market did not either. Must be chaos anywhere trading is done in pretty much anything.

That is true.

9637-albums164-picture1070.jpg

akck, are you trying to make me salivate? Gone are the days when I had one on my desk. Now I don't even have on in the building.

Perks of the j*b. Soon to be gone.

Stocks loved it, gold stocks loved it even morel. I can't see how any of this can help true buy and hold investors, but it can sure help traders.

Ha

Hmm, so my Nokia $6 call options are up 300% now...QE infinity and beyond!

Who said we can't have a 20% SWR in retirement :D

Stocks loved it, gold stocks loved it even morel. I can't see how any of this can help true buy and hold investors, but it can sure help traders.

Ha

Not a trader, but pumped ours 1.67%. Finally the reits are performing...

I understand the impact of the Fed's actions driving interest rates lower, but it always strikes me as somewhat schizoid that when something like this happens, it's the markets saying "Woohoo! Things really aren't as good as we thought they were...so let's go out and buy some more stocks!!!!"

Ha

Check out foreign stocks and bonds, such as SCHF and GIM.

The market giveth, the market taketh away...

But I'll take the nice bump up for now.

Congress will take care of this spike shortly; I'd get ready for quick reversal:facepalm:

I agree with H20Dude - economy still bad, so it's a good time to buy stocks:confused: Sometime we have to stop inflating the money supply. There is no action without a reaction.

But I am like everyone else - short term I will take my profits on paper from the spike.

I just hope to be long gone when this bubble pops. The Fed will probably never be able to stop tap or raise the rates since the debt will become more expensive, social security checks will have to be adjusted for higher CPI: Assuming that we actually measure thing that we consume.

Just about everyone being talked to on CNBC for weeks was positive they'd start the taper. Maria and Bill were among the very few that said no. I agree with them how could they start with the economy as it is. That said I was shocked when they announced it at 2 pm. So much for the consensus thinks!

I wish the 10 yr Treasury would drop a bit, it was down to 2.76 :dance: but not sure where it was after 2:30. I have gotten clobbered on Vg TIPS MF and should have gotten out a month or 2 ago. I want to up the AA to equities but with the S&P 500 and the DJIA at all time highs, again at 2:30 not sure where they closed, it just makes no sense to buy equity MFs now despite the fact so many say the market is a buy as it's under valued. Same ones that thought the taper was in today too! A 7-10% pull back would be great but they buy at any drop so there may be none. We've had only 2 5% drops and the markets have got straight up since last November.

Yeah that was a surprise. I did a strangle option on SLV, up 500% today, and bought silver miners with tight stops for a nice 10% move. Hopefully there will be some follow through tomorrow, where I will begin fading out of these positions.

I plan to rinse and repeat for the next FED meeting. The strangle option play is especially nice for days like this with knee jerk moves.

Er. Today remembers of why I am trying to cut back on watching too much football.

:dance: :dance::LOL::LOL:;)

It's a hormone thing! Imagine me back when I was a legend in my own mind picking stocks.

heh heh heh - oh the lust of it all! Of course I might call it manual rebalancing or 'adjusting' my portfolio. A day like today makes full auto doing nothing really really tough! :greetings10:

I understand the impact of the Fed's actions driving interest rates lower, but it always strikes me as somewhat schizoid that when something like this happens, it's the markets saying "Woohoo! Things really aren't as good as we thought they were...so let's go out and buy some more stocks!!!!"
Yeah, it strikes me as schizoid too. I'm starting to feel like the market as a whole is really overheated and a correction is coming soon, but the late 90s showed that this can go on for quite a while before the chickens come home to roost.

Just about everyone being talked to on CNBC for weeks was positive they'd start the taper. Maria and Bill were among the very few that said no. I agree with them how could they start with the economy as it is.

Exactly. That is what the FED has been saying for that last few meetings. No taper, no rate increase because none of their criteria has been met. But most of the media trying to get ahead and over think and seemingly ignoring what was said, trying to read too much between the lines.

Interestingly, emerging bonds bottomed in June, and diverged from treasuries until today.

Ha

I imagine that is because treasuries gapped up along with everything else as the hedge players and shorts reacted to today's surprise. Will be interesting if that changes after the immediate sphincter tightening is over with.

"Just think of all the cap gains tax we'll rake in! Deficit? What deficit?"

I had sold some individual stocks earlier this week planning to convert to index funds. Of course I put in a buy order for $90,000 of Vanguard funds this morning when things were down, but instead the market did a 180. I really should convert the Vanguard funds to ETFs so I don't have to get the end of day pricing.

I agree with this 100%. I'd also add: the market is overjoyed about a policy that increases inflation?! Ridiculous.

I agree with this 100%. I'd also add: the market is overjoyed about a policy that increases inflation?! Ridiculous.

I don't see it so much as being overjoyed with equities, but rather fear of Easy Money chases funds out of bonds and cash and into stocks. "Don't fight the Fed."

Back
Top Bottom