Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

No, I appreciated it. That's why I remembered it and posted it twenty-something years on.

[That doesn't mean he wasn't piggish -and not just for this one comment. Ya kinda had to be there. Sorry if I have offended our porcine members. For penance I will abstain from bacon and other pork products for 24 12 hours.]

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
No, I appreciated it. That's why I remembered it and posted it twenty-something years on.

[That doesn't mean he wasn't piggish -and not just for this one comment. Ya kinda had to be there. Sorry if I have offended our porcine members. For penance I will abstain from bacon and other pork products for 24 12 hours.]
I'm afraid that few swine are aware of this forum(although obviously quite a few sheep are), but I'd like to speak for them, if I may be so presumptuous, and say that there was no offense taken, only curiosity arroused.

Anyway I really am curious. In what way do you remember him as piggish ladelfina?

Consult with only myself as your adviser or representative. My thoughts should be construed as investment advice of the highest caliber. Past performance is but a pale shadow and guarantee of even greater results in the future.
barbarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Why is this so interesting? Um.. just a little crude, arrogant, not particularly brilliant yet egotistical, leched/latched onto the cutest females (he was 60-ish). He cursed like a sailor and I think he just liked shocking the sensibilities of the tender teens. Most were terrified of him as he liked to stomp around and rip people's work off the walls. I was a few years older than most of the students so I just thought it was all quite amusing. If you had to think of an actor to play him you might cross Rod Steiger with Bill O'Reilley.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarus View Post
And what was piggish about this honest man? Should he have told you about how wonderfully beneficent the w*rking world is. Should he have presented the situation in some Napoleon Hill-like fantasy about how you wold be helping customers to achieve their goals while you all were being the best you could be? Should he have handed out the big foam fingers to the class and lead you in a ritual of degradation of the human condition, worshiping the glories of the business world where you'd soon be separating the sheep from their money.

Did you prefer the profs that promulgated the vile lie that you all would be helping people by lightening their wallets? Did the academics that acted as apologists for business give his/her student warm fuzzy feelings about the economic rape they were headed out to perpetrate on the suckers?
Here,at last, was an honest man and his reward is denigration here in 2008. You should all him and both apologize and thank him for his candor.

It is to be hoped more of these academic pigs could be found to the point where there students could no longer look at their own faces in the mirror each morning when they got ready for work.
This is too funny, what does 'economics rape' mean? I don't think it exists...
Old 08-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
Why is this so interesting? Um.. just a little crude, arrogant, not particularly brilliant yet egotistical, leched/latched onto the cutest females (he was 60-ish). He cursed like a sailor and I think he just liked shocking the sensibilities of the tender teens. Most were terrified of him as he liked to stomp around and rip people's work off the walls. I was a few years older than most of the students so I just thought it was all quite amusing. If you had to think of an actor to play him you might cross Rod Steiger with Bill O'Reilley.

Thanks, I have your man much more clearly in mind now.
I probably would have employed the the street term for the most distal end of the alimentary canal to describe him or possible the obscenity that begins with "p" and is a euphemism for the male generative member.

If I might impose for one last enlightenment, what was the subject of the class?

Consult with only myself as your adviser or representative. My thoughts should be construed as investment advice of the highest caliber. Past performance is but a pale shadow and guarantee of even greater results in the future.
barbarus is offline   Reply With Quote