Novice's Question re FIREcalc

Jake46

Recycles dryer sheets
When I enter the same basic information in Standard FIREcalc and Advanced FIREcalc, I obtain different results. The Standard version appears to be more conservative. Is that correct?
Jake46

Jake, if you run the default settings for both Standard and Advanced, you get exactly the same success rate: 94.3%.

I'm no expert, but as I understand it the only difference in Standard and Advanced should be the additional options Advanced provides you to input for your individual situation (SS, different investment mixes, etc.). The basic logic "engine" behind both should be the same.

Any possibility you're including something in the Advanced run that isn't accounted for when you run it in Standard?

REWahoo!
Thank you -- I guess I need more coffee this morning. The SS input in Advanced is the difference.
BTW, June 1 is still the target for retiring & moving to Fort Collins.
Jake46

REWahoo! said:
I'm no expert, but as I understand it the only difference in Standard and Advanced should be the additional options Advanced provides you to input for your individual situation (SS, different investment mixes, etc.). The basic logic "engine" behind both should be the same.

IIRC Dory said that the advanced FIRECalc no longer uses partial data periods in its calculations, whereas Standard FIRECalc does. This might make a difference in the results.

Back
Top Bottom