Join Early Retirement Today

Re: O.K., so seeking investment advice
Old 06-03-2005, 07:06 AM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
I'd rather invest in feathers...
Or uh I heard TboneAl is stll trying to unload some bull sperm no pun intended
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Pun taken anyway! :P

I believe it takes several trucks to haul a ton of marshmallows..........

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Funds, Will Retire
Pun taken anyway! :P

I believe it takes several trucks to haul a ton of marshmallows..........
I'm actually talking about magical mystery metric marshmallows from Australia. I believe they are much smaller there. I still think you could haul them with one truck though. When loaded they would just have to be piled no higher than telephone wires, but they could bulge out from the sides of the truck. This could provide shade to passing cars, a welcome benefit in the outback. If you hit a kangaroo with a hat on, you might create one sweet, inedible mess though.

OK, the wife gave me chores today. I hope everyone has a good day, even you folks who don't think it's different this time .

the DH, whatever that means
Old 06-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #64
Give me a forum ...

The H stands for husband. The D's meaning varies.

I think the chinese have been secretly stockpiling lead. Their plan in the 50's was to sneak chinese manufactured lead-based paint into US hardware stores. Lately they've quietly reproduced to four billion are will be taking over the "Work at home making lead fishing weights!" industry, cutting their working rates from 50c an hour to 10c an hour.

Now they've set up this enticing shell company thats going to lure (heh) american investors into this lead battery situation and then snap...take all our money.

We should be afraid. Very afraid.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by th
The H stands for husband. The D's meaning varies.

I think the chinese have been secretly stockpiling lead. Their plan in the 50's was to sneak chinese manufactured lead-based paint into US hardware stores. Lately they've quietly reproduced to four billion are will be taking over the "Work at home making lead fishing weights!" industry, cutting their working rates from 50c an hour to 10c an hour.

Now they've set up this enticing shell company thats going to lure (heh) american investors into this lead battery situation and then snap...take all our money.

We should be afraid. Very afraid.
They already have most of our money. Now they want all our promisory notes, at least the ones the Japanese don't own. Thank God, we have the best printing presses in the world that printed money can buy--or would we be in trouble.

Greg
Old 06-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #66

Congratulations REW. I hope you have a great retirement! I hope to be there in 2008.

Dreamer
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:35 PM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON
Thank God, we have the best printing presses in the world that printed money can buy. Greg
Are they made in Japan or China?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:10 PM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Sounds like something that would be made in germany.

Which means you'd have to drop the exhaust system and the drive shaft to add ink to it. And doing that would require 3 tools you dont have and involve 5 fastening systems you've never seen before. All of which require adjustments quarterly. All of which could be fastened with something standard that can be installed once with a flathead screwdriver and never touched again, but those wouldnt be any fun to use.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Just wait 'til you get a fluted kneuter valve...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #70
Give me a forum ...

In a printing press?

I'm sure BMW is teaming up with canon as we speak.
Re: More Polymedica
Old 06-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #71
Moderator Emeritus

Re: More Polymedica

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
My limited experience with tender offers is that the stock usually does very well after the tender is complete.
Looks like the Polymedica wild ride continues:

"PolyMedica Corporation (NASDAQ/NM: PLMD) announced today that it is increasing the purchase price of its previously announced tender offer to repurchase up to $150 million of its common stock. The new purchase price will not be less than $34.75 per share nor more than $37.50 per share. Previously, the price range of the tender offer was from $30.75 to $34.50 per share. The Company is extending the expiration date of the tender offer from 12:00 midnight, Eastern time, on June 23, 2005 to 12:00 midnight, Eastern time, on July 8, 2005."

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote