Office of Financial Stability

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Paulson is expected to announce the selection of Neel Kashkari today to head the new Office of Financial Stability. I hope Mr. Kashkari gets to work quickly. The market is not looking good today:(

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

oh goodie, a 35-year-old. my confidence has been restored. let's hope this kid is a freaking genius.

meanwhile. as the u.s. works towards stability. it looks like europe is fractured. might this lead to fracturing the euro and strengthening the dollar assuming the system doesn't completely collapse?

Europe governments go their own way on crisis: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

...he and Chancellor Angela Merkel were considering creating a "shield" that would protect the country's entire financial sector, and that a Europe-wide shield or bailout was out of the question. "The chancellor and I reject a European shield because we as Germans do not want to pay into a big pot where we do not have control and do not know where German money might be used," he said...
(my underline)

maybe that was alkaida's plan all along.

Somehow I knew the preps would end up running the thing.

Alkaida? Sounds like something I'd take for heartburn and upset stomach. (Not that we've had much of that in this market.)

WOOOOO-HOOOOOO I'm up 20% today from yesterday. Of course if you add up my losses I'm still down about 5%. Good thing it's all just fun money.

Back
Top Bottom