Join Early Retirement Today

Ohio appliance rebate
Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Ohio appliance rebate

I just thought it was time that I told my story about Ohio's appliance rebate program.

As a part of the stimulus package, states were given $$$$ to improve the economy by aiding people in buying new, more efficient appliances.

Well, Ohio's program started March 26, 2010. I made a reservation that day to purchase a new Hi Efficiency Gas Storage Water Heater. I purchased it the next day and installed it on March 29, 2010. As required by the program, I recycled the old water heater on April 5, 2010.

I packaged all the required paperwork and sent it off to El Paso, Tx on April 8th. I was sure this would not be a smooth process, so I kept copies of everything.

On May 21, I received a post card stating my store receipt did not show the proper identification for the GE water heater. I checked the receipt and called the store. The store only puts their SKEW number on the receipt and never a description of the item as wanted by the rebate processor. The store was approved by the state to participate in the program. I resubmitted the prior receipt with additional documantation showing the description and the store SKEW number on May 23.

On June 21, after the status online still said my rebate was invalid, I phoned the State. After the frustrating maze of baloney, I pushed a bunch of numbers and was connected to an operator in Texas Well, Rebecca help me and looked up the file to find all the info I had sent. She reviewed all of this and changed the status to VALID.

HOORAY! I should expect my rebate in 4 to 6 weeks.

Well, today I saw a news story that Ohio had outsourced the rabate program to a company in Texas, that in turn outsourced it to EL Salvadore.

So, since six weeks had passed and no check yet in the mail, I called again. I pushed more buttons and got to Rita. I was very nice and so was Rita. She looked up my info and informed me the "CHECK" will be mailed on September 13. I didn't ask, but hope it was in 2010.

I am really happy that I am still waiting for my rebate rather than some where along the way screwing it up and disqualifying it again.

Gov. Strickland, Rep. Dennis Kucinich. and Mr. President, Thank you for stimulating me enough to write about your wonderful program.
cashbalancetrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congratulations, You had the insight and the perseverance to see it through. Lets just hope that check shows up as planned.

Your government program run-around makes me think of what health care will be moving to.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

As I said earlier:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...tml#post959957

Quote:
Oh, we are all being scammed, all the time, by something or another
or "Why I never purchase anything that has a "rebate" -- the price is always way too high (particularly when there are Weasels involved)... TANSTAAFL
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Congratulations, You had the insight and the perseverance to see it through. Lets just hope that check shows up as planned.

Your government program run-around makes me think of what health care will be moving to.
You haven't heard?? Health care is being outsourced to El Salvadore.
JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote