One way Banks Try to Shutup Critics

I wonder what Brewer thinks?

My scan of the article is that the analyst's report title was provocative, not that such writing is unusual today. If the tone were completely analytical, just providing numbers, while not drawing much readership it may not have provoked the suit. Frankly, if a defendant could demonstrate that it was 'slap' litigation by the plaintiff a claim for damages ought to be possible.

Public companies of all kinds have long played rough with sell-side analysts, especially those who did not take the rosy view. Filing a lawsuit is a new one on me. This sort of thing is why the good analysts generally leave the sell side and head for the buy side.

I think what is disturbing is that neither his firm nor any of the various societies were available to help with his defense.

Interesting that I just watched "The Smartest .... in the Room"... dang, forgot the title.... but about Enron...

Fastow had Merril fire an analyst that had questioned how they were making money.... and got $50 mill for doing it...

I think that the analyst should sue the bank and hopefully get his money back...

Back
Top Bottom