Panic of 08?

I don't want to say anything because I might jinx it.
But I sure hope we've seen the bottom of this.

OK, I'm not going to start another "Whee!" thread, since it is not a record Dow, but gee - - up 300 points so far today!!

(muffled "Whee!"s coming from this direction)

This is certainly not what I expected from the market this week.

Wait until 2:00 when the Fed announces the rate cut, then we can Whee or Whoa! ;)

Standing pat, although I did buy 600 shares IGR yesterday afternoon, to get back to AA goal. What the heck, the yield was north of 10%; the cap gain is just icing on the cake.

Wait until 2:00 when the Fed announces the rate cut, then we can Whee or Whoa! ;)
IMO, anything less than a full 100 basis point cut would pretty much wipe out the gains on the day. Even a 100 point cut will probably trim the gains, IMO. Not many broad rallies these days survive the 3 PM Selling Hour.

Ol' Ben is trying to blow air into the housing bubble faster than it can escape. Looks a little red in the face to me... :p

IMO, anything less than a full 100 basis point cut would pretty much wipe out the gains on the day. Even a 100 point cut will probably trim the gains, IMO. Not many broad rallies these days survive the 3 PM Selling Hour.

It may be buy the rumor, sell the news. We'll know in 10 minutes :).

Whee!

Although I could have predicted this since I put some of my dry powder to work and will be buying some more Vanguard at the close today.

2Cor521

Good thing Im not a market timer. Or Id be pulling what little hair I have out..

Me too!! I'm just glad that apparently the market isn't diving off into some abyss, never to return, as those ever-so-optimistic news reports suggested over the weekend.

Me too!! I'm just glad that apparently the market isn't diving off into some abyss, never to return, as those ever-so-optimistic news reports suggested over the weekend.

Got a chuckle out of me. As the World Turns..

The market is still trading within a range. Too bad there aren't any traders here, there's a killing to be made.
I'm absolutely kicking myself for not buying BSC around $2.85. I thought it was a no brainer. Unfortunately, I am missing my brain.

The market is still trading within a range. Too bad there aren't any traders here, there's a killing to be made.
I'm absolutely kicking myself for not buying BSC around $2.85. I thought it was a no brainer. Unfortunately, I am missing my brain.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Good thing Im not a market timer. Or Id be pulling what little hair I have out..

the market is doing exactly what the charts say it's supposed to do, rally

if you look at the average closing prices for the last 6 weeks or so the trend is up even though the market has been down. when these trend up, but the market is trending down it's a bullish signal.

i noticed it a week or so ago but didnt' pay too much attention until the last few days because these signals made a higher low and not just an up trend that can easily reverse. and this is why i closed out my short yesterday. that and the earlier lows held on a day when the world was supposed to end.

i don't think this is a real rally that will take us to new highs, but for a month or two things look OK

How fast can fear turn into greed?

the market is doing exactly what the charts say it's supposed to do, rally

if you look at the average closing prices for the last 6 weeks or so the trend is up even though the market has been down. when these trend up, but the market is trending down it's a bullish signal.

i noticed it a week or so ago but didnt' pay too much attention until the last few days because these signals made a higher low and not just an up trend that can easily reverse. and this is why i closed out my short yesterday. that and the earlier lows held on a day when the world was supposed to end.

i don't think this is a real rally that will take us to new highs, but for a month or two things look OK

Are you ever wrong?

Back
Top Bottom