Passed the 1M mark

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I haven't been posting or reading much lately, but I was compelled to report this today.

I know this is not much for a lot of folks here, but I have been looking forward to this day for a while. I don't even know when I passed the 1M mark. I just checked the history of Mint and it says I went passed 1M last February. (from Jan of 948K to Feb of 1.14M)

It's weird. I think my NW was about $902K in December, and now it's over $1.15M, so it's not like I put in a lot of money in the last 5 months. It looks like the biggest increase was with my current 401K where I get the matching as well as some extra from my employer.

I was really looking forward to this day, and I am happy, but I am not as jazzed as I thought I would be. Maybe because I know this is just luck (the market has been very good for the last several months.) and the market can turn south any time? It's a different kind of happy from being frugal and saving money, for sure.

Anyway, I don't have anybody I can share this little bit of joy with, except for you folks here, so yep, I hit the 1M mark. I don't know how long it will last, but for now, I am looking pretty good. :LOL:

I was reading my first post in this forum - 5 years ago, I had about 650K, making about 20% less money than now. I survived the market crash (stayed the course plus I am still w*rking, so extra money was put into the market).... I don't think my income will increase any more at this point, but I am saving more, so I feel pretty good about that.

Thank you for reading!

tmm

Nicely done! Quicken told me I went over $1M in February -- which was apparently my last Megacorp's sign that I had enough.... :)

Congratulations! When it comes to milestones this is one of the big ones.

Congratulations. Remember, the first million is the hardest.

That's a tremendous accomplishment. Especially for a LBYM type. Makes all those sacrifices worth it. Now go treat yourself!!!

A BIG Congratulations! It can be amazing after accumulating the first million to watch how fast the compounding works on top of savings contributions on your way to 1.5m or 2.0m.

AWEWSOME! We also (barely) broke the 7-digit NW last month. I'm waiting for it to stay there a few months before I tell DH. :)

Its a great milestone! Fortunately you usually get to repeat it a few times as the market gyrates...

Congratulations! It's a great feeling.

Cheers!

Congratulations. I think I might have joined the club too but is the current value of future pensions included in calculating NW?

Congrats!! It takes some good old perseverance to get there. I'm about 1% away from 2M myself and still pinch myself now and then that it's real.

sweet! I know how it feels. Hope next one comes in five years too. Congrats

Thank you very, VERY much for all the congrats! I appreciate every one of the kind words you have expressed here!!!

I consider myself very fortunate to get to this point. It did take some LBYM to get here, but I feel blessed that my genes gave me good enough intelligence, my family education, and my life numerous opportunities to lead me to a lucrative career. (I had no specific goals or ambition to speak of until about 15 years ago.)

My NW will certainly fluctuate up and down as the market (hopefully less), but it sure feels good to be here at this level today.

Congrats to some of you who hit the same mark and other marks recently! It feels pretty good, doesn't it. I cannot wait to start spending some (Just kidding!!!)

tmm

Congrats on your significant milestone!

I have just recently passed that point. When I was at 500K point it was exciting anticipating getting to the 1M mark. When it finaly happened I was happy but a little disappointed. When I think that a majority of that amount is in traditional 401Ks, rollovers, etc. reality dictates that taxes will need to be accounted for so 1M now , while a significant mark, is actually somewhat less. When growing up 1M was the golden grail of achievement whereas now 1M isn't what it use to be. Hopefully, with the continued use of compounding, the second 1M will be easier to reach. Who knows in this market.

It is threads like these that give me this weird jealousy/drive to do it myself. Congratulations op, that is a serious accomplishment that most could only dream of. But you did it with discipline and setting a plan in motion. Great work!

Congratulations! When I passed that mark I really started to feel that FIRE was a possibility. So "keep on keeping on"!

Back
Top Bottom