PenFed CD reservation offer

Did you specifically ask about the 1/4% bump on a renewing CD (if memory serves, it may have had to be 3 yr or longer), or did you just ask the rate?
I renewed in March and it was applied automatically.I had called before renewing to verify.

I had a couple other questions, so I called in and the 1/4% bonus for renewing a CD is NO LONGER in effect!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I called and they quoted the offer to me with the pertinent phrase "from an existing CD which matures in October." Since I don't have one I struck out. I mentioned that I had personal knowledge of some who did not meet that criteria so I was put on hold when she checked. Came back with the same answer......Best they would offer is the 7 yr 3.75 rate.

2fer

Just apply for it online as I did. I do have cd's with them, just none maturing until 2012. If you have none at all, that might be the difference. Here is my confirmation I received via email.

Attachments

• penfed.txt
    380 bytes · Views: 24
I called and they quoted the offer to me with the pertinent phrase "from an existing CD which matures in October." Since I don't have one I struck out. I mentioned that I had personal knowledge of some who did not meet that criteria so I was put on hold when she checked. Came back with the same answer......Best they would offer is the 7 yr 3.75 rate.

2fer

Do as Dawg did and just apply on line.

No need to call you'll get an email with the conformation.

I do have a CD maturing in October. I didn't get an invite but found the link on their site and signed up for the 10yr online for more than my maturing amount. Received a confirmation on the higher amount specifying to have funds in my share account for the Jan transaction date.

Link?

Where did you find the link on their site? Am not seeing it (even after logging in.)

Is this dead? The link that I viewed this offer is not now on the certif. options page when I log in.

I do not have an account with PenFed yet. Is there any way to get on this offer in this situation?

I have an account with PenFed and have several CD's with them but the promotion doesn't show up for me so I'm assuming that they either fixed the website or it's not showing up because I don't have a CD maturing in October (or whatever their criteria is). If I had the option, I'd definately take advantage of it.

Click on an existing reserved CD, if you have one, and you will be taken to the reservation webpage. That is the only way I can now get there.

He who hesitates is lost. Like me.
I saw the offer when it was first pointed out, but I can no longer see it.

[sigh]

I have an account with PenFed and have several CD's with them but the promotion doesn't show up for me so I'm assuming that they either fixed the website or it's not showing up because I don't have a CD maturing in October (or whatever their criteria is). If I had the option, I'd definately take advantage of it.

If you click on an existing CD (of any maturity) or click the + sign in the little square box, it will expand and show additional details and options...click on "certificate options" and you should see "Certificate Reservations" in an orange box to the right of the page.

As of awhile age $170M of the original $240M is still available.

Back
Top Bottom