Penfed Visa Platinum Cash Rewards new benefit?

ESRBob

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got an email from Penfed with the 4.99% HELOC everybody was talking about but noticed something else sweet and wonder if it is new -- the Visa Platinum Rewards is now offering 5% cash back on gas purchases and 2% on supermarket food, in addition to the 1.25% on everything else. We've been using this card for a few years now and love it -- now it looks like I've got more reason to love it.

(BP had a traditional card offering something that sounded even better until you realize it only applied to BP stations, and ratcheted back after the first 3 months...)

...the Visa Platinum Rewards is now offering 5% cash back on gas purchases and 2% on supermarket food, in addition to the 1.25% on everything else. We've been using this card for a few years now and love it -- now it looks like I've got more reason to love it.

The 2% on supermarket purchases is something I've not seen before, but the unlimited 5% on gas (pay-at-the-pump only) and 1.25% on everything else has been around for a while.

The 2% on supermarket purchases is something I've not seen before, but the unlimited 5% on gas (pay-at-the-pump only) and 1.25% on everything else has been around for a while.

Yeah, anyone with a motor home would need this card.:D

Just got an email from Penfed with the 4.99% HELOC everybody was talking about but noticed something else sweet and wonder if it is new -- the Visa Platinum Rewards is now offering 5% cash back on gas purchases and 2% on supermarket food, in addition to the 1.25% on everything else. We've been using this card for a few years now and love it -- now it looks like I've got more reason to love it.
That's a great deal when it lands on a card that you're already using. We watched Discover whittle away at their cashback program until it was almost too hard to deal with.

We only spent $1260 on gas last year-- not much of an incentive. Now if they'd rebate us 5% of our Home Depot & Lowe's purchases...

Back
Top Bottom