Perceived social obligation to spend retiree assets

I don't think we are very far away from being able to clone organs. Well everything except the brain.....

Once we can transplant cloned organs we all may live to 100+

China is catching all kinds of hell, because some doctors there are seriously considering trying to attempt a head transplant from a paralyzed person to another body. Medical community not pleased and think chances of successful operation are about nil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

China is catching all kinds of hell, because some doctors there are seriously considering trying to attempt a head transplant from a paralyzed person to another body. Medical community not pleased and think chances of successful operation are about nil.
Well ya, everybody knows you can't do a head transplant. Now, a full body transplant is something else - that's what they should have announced. :)

Shouldn't be a problem, you just have to hook up those neck electrodes correctly and make sure the lightning rods on the tower and the wiring is good, start up the jacob's ladders and wait for a good storm.

I was away at the time, so missed this interesting thread. Japan's geriatric problems are of interest to me, because they are at the forefront of it, and other countries are watching to learn to deal with it.

Simple solution with a one-word revision to the IRS laws: Change RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) to RMS (Required Minimum Spending).
Or allowing only a nominal amount to be passed by inheritance at death. Seeing that the surplus money will get confiscated, people will either spend it, or pass on to heirs earlier. The kiddos will more likely spend it, stimulating the economy.

The grim fact is that you can throw all the money you want, but the supply of transplant organs is only as big as the supply of donorcycle accidents and such. So if you are over 75, the organ, not the operation, is what will be rationed - and most likely not in your favor.

My dear SIL died of liver disease in her late 60's, despite Medicare and TRICARE coverage, because there never seemed to be a liver when she needed one. And then she became too sick for the surgery.

A British movie titled "Never Let Me Go" portrays a future where people clone themselves in order to harvest organs later. Grim movie based on a highly acclaimed novel of the same title.

Last edited:
I fell off my perch laughing...

Shouldn't be a problem, you just have to hook up those neck electrodes correctly and make sure the lightning rods on the tower and the wiring is good, start up the jacob's ladders and wait for a good storm.

Back
Top Bottom