Pfau on Variable Spending Strategies

aim-high

Recycles dryer sheets
New Research on How Much Clients can Spend in Retirement

I actually followed the article to Blanchett's simple formula article . . .

Simple Formulas to Implement Complex Withdrawal Strategies

The formula told me that I should take a 1.7% withdrawal rate for my 50/50 portfolio to last 50 years at 90% survivability and a 0.35% expense ratio. I've got a big net worth, but not that big!

The current market environment of artificially low interest rates, and what seems to be an overvalued market has me really concerned about retiring early even though I probably have the means. I really admire you all who have been able to do it and maintain some level of peace. Thinking that I have to live for 50 years off a nest egg after the volatility of last 10 years and our current government intervention has me stressed.

I think I may FISRE before I FIRE.

Interesting and dense article, as his articles usually are.

The proliferation of withdrawal strategies is starting to make my head spin.

New Research on How Much Clients can Spend in Retirement

I actually followed the article to Blanchett's simple formula article . . .

Simple Formulas to Implement Complex Withdrawal Strategies

The formula told me that I should take a 1.7% withdrawal rate for my 50/50 portfolio to last 50 years at 90% survivability and a 0.35% expense ratio. I've got a big net worth, but not that big!

The current market environment of artificially low interest rates, and what seems to be an overvalued market has me really concerned about retiring early even though I probably have the means. I really admire you all who have been able to do it and maintain some level of peace. Thinking that I have to live for 50 years off a nest egg after the volatility of last 10 years and our current government intervention has me stressed.

I think I may FISRE before I FIRE.

Wow - 1.7% my be the lowest swr yet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom