Poll: For those over 55 and already FIRE, what is your current allocation?

For those of us over 55, what is your current stock exposure?

• Less than 25%

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • 25 - 50%

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Over 50%, less than 75%

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Nearly all of it!

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Retired 11 years. Age 64. Pension and SS.

47% equities

39% Fixed

14% cash

Portfolio yields 3.4%

Currently can live on 62% of the yield.

Probably too conservative but sleep like a baby.:)

I have about 43% in equities, 5% in cash and the rest in Fixed Income. (I count my I-Bonds and CDs to be fixed income.) Don't know if this is optimum or not.

Retired 11 years. Age 64. Pension and SS.

47% equities

39% Fixed

14% cash

Portfolio yields 3.4%

Currently can live on 62% of the yield.

Probably too conservative but sleep like a baby.:)

My cash is mostly CD's.

My target AA is 40% fixed income, 60% equities (48% domestic, 12% international).

Was less than pleased with international last year, but I believe it will bear fruit in the long run.

I'm currently 52% and voted accordingly, but your ranges might have limited the differentiation you were hoping for (maybe not). I am guessing most people fall between 40:60 and 60:40.

This from a member who has blown poll construction more times than I care to remember, so grain of salt...

I currently have 61% in equities. However, when I treat the income stream from my pension and DW's social security as if it came from a big slug of bonds, the calculated equity % drops to 28%.

Our ER portfolio is in the usual 90% equities, 10% cash, no bonds.

I currently have 61% in equities. However, when I treat the income stream from my pension and DW's social security as if it came from a big slug of bonds, the calculated equity % drops to 28%.
With interest rates this low, if our federal pensions were counted that way we'd be about 10% equities...

My target is 50/45/5 (equity/FI/cash), but my current AA is 35/35/30 (equity/FI/Cash). My plan is to shift cash to equity and fixed income to meet my target.

My approx allocation:

30% total us stock
20% total international stock
38% total bond market
12% money market

Last edited:
50/50.....Very simply 35% VTSAX, 15% VTIAX, and 50% VBTLX. The Vanguard Admiral funds for total stock, total int, and total bond.

I'm currently 52% and voted accordingly, but your ranges might have limited the differentiation you were hoping for (maybe not). I am guessing most people fall between 40:60 and 60:40.

I agree. I would have liked to see the choices be in 10% increments. The only info here is that there aren't many folks at the extremes.

I'm just under 50% equities so picked the second category. But if we have a good week in the markets, I'll have to change that to the third category........

About 90% equities and 10% cash at the moment. Waiting for my opportunity to get back to 100% equities, but near-term maybe I'll have a chance to raise more cash.

DW hasn't retired yet (probably late this year), but we have been "decumulating" the portfolio for the last four years.

Retired Jan 1 2008. AA has been 25% equities, 65% fixed income and 10% cash since then. So far my WR has been <0.2% (non-cola pension currently covers almost 100% of expenses).

Don't know how long that good fortune will last.

FIREd age 48 in 2007
Almost 55 (2 more years ;))

AA 30/65/5 as of today (cluck cluck cluck)

Poll is showing CLOSED so I could not vote.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom