Votes: 51 42.1%
  • NO - not happy about it!!

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Never really depreciated since 2005

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • Don't own a home

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Bought mine in 2009 when I moved to Austin. It is up 30+% based on neighbor sale.

It is almost 5K sqft. I enjoy my house a lot, but look forward to downsizing to maybe 3K sqft (as big as the current 1st floor), when younger one leaves in 2023.

Listed today at same price as 2005. Comp. houses in neighborhood last year did not sell and are now rentals. I expect to see lowball offers if any but I have moved into her house closer to the heart of town.

heh heh heh - speculation is that local market has bottomed - but location, location, location. Will it hold true for my old subdivision? :cool:

Right now? more than double what we paid 20 yrs ago.
Still down $250k from the peak.
You got to live somewhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bought in 2009 for $492k, it continued down (falling knife, anyone?) to about $460 in 2010. It's now probably $540k.

At the peak of the market here in North San Diego County there was one sale - exact comp - for $710k. That person is going to be waiting a long time to be right side up.

The house next door just sold! It was on the market for $950K. First non-foreclosure sale in our neighborhood in 4 years AFAIK, so we'll finally have a sort-of comp. Well, the offer was accepted, I guess we have to wait and see if it makes it through the financing part. Maybe he bought it for cash. Huge house, single, younger-than-me guy with a brand new motorcycle, new Audi. Ex-cop, so I'm suspecting either a significant inheritance or major underworld connections.

I guess I'll have to wait a few months until it goes through and gets updated on the county Tax Assessment website to find out how much he actually paid. My favorite nosy neighbor internet resource.

Bought in '87 for 125 ,20k in improvements. (tract home, built in '42 before the war broke out)

2007 market value 400-420K (totally crazy), market value today, about 270K.

The low was around 2010 , maybe 210K.

Very few nearby for sale. Most of the sales in the last few years were forclosures or short sales.

Rental value today, about 1500 mo.

Last edited:
That must have been a real trick!

Ha

Er, uh, make that under construction in '41, finished in'42. Small houses, 800 Sq. ft. Two neighbors were original owners back when we bought in '87. The tract was about midway between two defense plants. The US gov. bought the land, graded the lots, installed watermains, curbs and streets ,then sold the lots to a home builder. Someone was sure war was about to break out.

They said the places were $2800 new. Seems kind of low even 70 years back.

Back
Top Bottom