Poll: How much currently in equities?

How much (%) of your portfolio is in equities?

• 75% or more

Votes: 56 20.0%
  • Between 65% - 74%

Votes: 37 13.2%
  • Between 55% - 64%

Votes: 64 22.9%
  • Between 45% - 54%

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • Between 35% - 44%

Votes: 33 11.8%
  • Between 25% - 34%

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • Less than 25%

Votes: 22 7.9%

• Total voters
Hanging in at 70%, as pensions cover expenses, so I can take more risk and hopefully afford a more luxurious nursing home. :wiseone:

so I can take more risk and hopefully afford a more luxurious nursing home. :wiseone:
+1. Well, not in retirement yet but saving enough for LTC is a definite concern as there's a history of dementia in the family. :(

I underestimated our equity position in the poll, but we've been adding to our stock mutual fund holdings as the market has dipped. Currently stand at 38% stocks with 8% cash. We'll put a little more into an equity fund today.

I'm at 45% which is within my target allocation. No plans to do any rebalancing until 1/2016, if needed. :)

Rebalanced to 53% equities in Jan, 2015. Got up to over 54% equities at the peak in May. Down to about 52% now.

56%...goal is to get to 60% for ten more years, then drop back to 50% as earned income goes away.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The way the market is moving, we need a poll like this once a week.

As of market close yesterday, we had 47% in stocks, because the proceeds from our home sale were deposited to our Vanguard money market account that day.

I did some buying today (to quote W2R, "whee!" :D) and we're now up to 52%. Over time we'll be back up to our target of 60%.

Do mean before August or after...?:(

If I count my entire NW including rentals, about 40% in equities. If I count only my liquid assets, about 90% is in equities.

Last edited:
8-13-15 we had 68%
Just saw what the market did today
So I guess we are south of 68%

Actually, I guessed about 50% equity. I decided to stop looking monthly. Well, I hear this is a good month to stop looking for awhile anyway...

Glad I trimmed back from 70%+ equity that I carried just before ER.

54%

Sent from my LGL34C using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Less than 20% as of now. I got spooked about 2 years ago and got very conservative (CDs, Stable Value) waiting for interest rates to rise, and waiting, and waiting...and missed a couple of very good years. Got lots and lots of dry power. Wish I had some of it when GE was trading at $6 etc...

Wait, I just found some change in the couch cushions. :dance:

Can I vote again?

50% pure equity index funds, but I answered 65% to include real estate holdings.

Back
Top Bottom