Poll:What percentage of your equities are market timed?

What % of your equities are market timed?

• zero market timing

Votes: 65 77.4%
  • 20% of equities

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • 40% of equities

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 60% of equities

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 80% of equities

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 100% of equities

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Just so I understand, the question is "what percentage of my equity allocation would I change based on some market timing methodology"? In other words, if my equity allocation is 60%, and based on some timing based formula I would take it down to 30%, my response here should be 50% or 30%?

Not sure how to calculate my swing between 50/50 and 60/40. Is that 20%?

Last edited:
Norm shure how to calculate my swing between 50/50 and 60/40. Is that 20%?

Well it's not 0% and it's not 40%. So 20% would seem reasonable.

What I was originally thinking of was just in the context of equities. Looked at that way your max is 60% and 10% could swing out of equities. 10%/60% = 17% which is closest to 20%.

More to the point of this poll is just how many of us have some component of our investments that are "market timed". Of course, the definition of market timing can vary all over the place.

Last edited:
Well it's not 0% and it's not 40%. So 20% would seem reasonable.

What I was originally thinking of was just in the context of equities. Looked at that way your max is 60% and 10% could swing out of equities. 10%/60% = 17% which is closest to 20%.

More to the point of this poll is just how many of us have some component of our investments that are "market timed". Of course, the definition of market timing can vary all over the place.

Hah! Good thing you can correctly interpret my typos.

I voted 20% on your poll.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom