Poll:What type of millionaire are you?

What type of millionaire are you (or think you'll be)?

• Thrillionaire

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Coolionaire

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Realionaire

Votes: 176 89.8%
  • Wellionaire

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Willionaire

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Is this where the millionaires are invited to come out of the closet thread? :greetings10:

I think we've had a little bit of all of these going at one time or another.

Last edited:
I aspire to be the least conspicuous $aire possible. I value experiences over stuff at this stage of life. Otherwise #3 sounded closest, but not completely under the radar where I aspire to be, so I didn't vote. Looks like the poll has already been decided anyway.

Last edited:
interestingly enough there is a little bit of me in just about all of the categories except number one.

2) I have no problem with admitting I have some vices :D all my life I have had jobs where I had to drive at least 50 miles each way, so yeah I'm not driving a 15 year old crap mobile, which seems to be the mantra for every money related forum. Yep I need my heated leather seats. lol.
4) yep
5) I definitely have my causes that I love to support.

Number three and only number three.

I don’t mind admitting that I voted #2, Coolionaire, because I like nice things and being surrounded by beauty but disagree that it is just about impressing others. For example, there was a discussion today on having hardwoods instead of carpet and an upgraded bathroom. These are a must for me as I get lots of pleasure out of my home and spend lots of time there as an introverted homebody (and besides, carpet is impractical for pets and allergies). Of course that's probably why I am 60 and only barely a millionaire. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I am also quite a bit of #3 as I choose carefully what I splurge on, bargain hunt, drive a ten year old car, and take a lunch to work.

None of the above.

This. And ugh. Let's throw in an MBTI assessment while we're at it.

By all means, lets categorize them so we can effectively market to them. Over the last several decades, we've become so used to being sliced, diced, and analyzed that we actually buy into what we're told we are.

As I once heard a very wise woman tell her dance class, there is no exploration in your comfort zone (or in labeling yourself, either).

Can't answer poll. 50/50 3 and 1 given our eager desire for experiences.....

This. And ugh. Let's throw in an MBTI assessment while we're at it.....

Since when the MBTI poll was done, majority were INTJ or closely related to that type; it should be no surprise that in this poll #3 is also the majority.

Jimenez, what a uniform bunch we are here. No wonder we all like this board so much... we are all talking to our mirror images!

Number three and only number three.

+1 I always thought I'd like to be fabulously wealthy and totally anonymous/inconspicuous/unostentatious. (With a little internal chuckle in the direction of those flaunting their supposed, in comparison to me, 'riches'.):LOL:

millionaire, who said anything about millionaire! Or are we counting pennies?

millionaire, who said anything about millionaire! Or are we counting pennies?
My NW is not yet a million but I voted anyway. I interpreted the poll as asking what my attitude to money is, regardless of the size of my stash.

Thrillionaire

Thrillionaire - I have characteristics from several of the categories but Thrillionaire fits me the best.

The real question is how many millions you have.......a person with fifty million will always have a different answer than one that just achieved their 1st million.......the real question is if you're a millionaire, how many million do you have?

Not quite there, but adding the value of my pension, I qualify...

I live in an 800 square foot house, in kind of a working class/middle class neighborhood. The only clue would be a new Subaru Forester in the driveway.

Some of the snooty acting neighbors would be surprised that the old guy walking his dog was doing pretty well.

Oh forgot, put me down for #3.

Last edited:
The real question is how many millions you have.......a person with fifty million will always have a different answer than one that just achieved their 1st million.......the real question is if you're a millionaire, how many million do you have?
Another couple of million would not change my answers or lifestyle. However, 50 Million more probably would.

Another couple of million would not change my answers or lifestyle. However, 50 Million more probably would.

That in essence is why I quit working. An extra 100k each year continuing working wouldnt change my lifestyle, it would just be more money in the bank...I would need many millions to change my life. And it would change it if I ever had it. But I wont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes Thrillionaire, sometimes Realionaire. I have a nice house, sports car and country club membership. But I don't spend a lot on clothes, watches, jewelry etc. I drink inexpensive wine & beer and use coupons for almost everything.

I don't need as much as $50M to change my lifestyle. About $10M, or perhaps even less, would allow me to move to a snobby neighborhood, or getting that 3rd home on the waterfront of the Puget Sound. I may even fly only business class. Then, I would change my screen name and come back here to vote for category 1.

3. but aware of 5 in that with no heirs some day I will have to decide where it goes if there's any left.

As a 3 it does tickle me on the rare occasion when I am in a nice store but dressed in my usual casual (something clean on the top, something clean on the bottom - DONE) style and get ignored or condescended to.

I've worked too much, making me an Ill-ionaire.
Then I drank too much and was a Swill-ionaire.
Fortunately I've managed my assets well enough to be a Still-ionaire.
Though by the time I'm gone I hope to be a Nil-ionaire.

Back
Top Bottom