Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Australia/NZ

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Africa

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is in response to a recent thread that proposed there were a lot of canadians on this forum, so let's see. I apologize if I haven't included your country.....but there are so many. I've included some general geographic areas and if you want to you can be more specific in your answer.

Last edited:
I didn't forget Texas......I included Mexico..........;)

At this early stage the number of countries identified is 5 more than the number of voters, meaning that 5 dual citizens have voted. On behalf of other dual citizens, thank you for designing the poll properly and not making the voting options mutually exclusive!

I voted Canadian and Other European.

What about those of us who are eligible for dual citizenship but choose not to exercise it? ;)

(I'm eligible, by birth, for British citizenship, (and at one time in my life could have had Australian), but opt to travel solely & exclusively on a Canadian passport.)

What about those of us who are eligible for dual citizenship but choose not to exercise it? ;)

(I'm eligible, by birth, for British citizenship, (and at one time in my life could have had Australian), but opt to travel solely & exclusively on a Canadian passport.)
Yeah, I could claim Irish citizenship. Too much of a hassle to get the paperwork together and I don't really see the benefit.

I put down USA, USA, USA :dance:

Still, remember to always include an "other" option for the polls :)

The poll asks for the citizenships you have, so I wouldn't include any citizenships that would require documentation and applications to be filed. Depending on the citizenship of your parents and where and when you were born you could already be a UK citizen, but there aren't any implications for how you live as a Canadian. If you had US citizenship it would be a different matter as it would impact your life as a Canadian.

USA in first place with Canada and the UK in a battle for second.

USA in first place with Canada and the UK in a battle for second.

I'll have to get DW to become a member and vote on this thread. On 2nd thoughts that would mean she could read my posts .... Nope, not worth the risk.

I'll have to get DW to become a member and vote on this thread. On 2nd thoughts that would mean she could read my posts .... Nope, not worth the risk.

Your DW doesn't have to be a member to read your posts Alan. Guests have read privileges. I learned this long, long ago from my DW........... And although I don't think she's stopped by in years, I compose every post as though she was looking over my shoulder as I type. Don't need to experience any additional corrective action......

Only one option for north of the 49th?

Cummon, up here we have the real Canada and we have every other deadbeat east of the Manitoba/Ontario border. Get with it, eh?

Another dual citizen, blame Uncle Sam for sending my dad overseas.

Only one option for north of the 49th?

Cummon, up here we have the real Canada and we have every other deadbeat east of the Manitoba/Ontario border. Get with it, eh?

Hey, westerners, congrats on finally getting the Internet !! Indoor plumbing can't be far behind... ha

CDN/UK. Poll so nice, I voted twice.

Your DW doesn't have to be a member to read your posts Alan. Guests have read privileges. I learned this long, long ago from my DW.........

True. :hide:

Let's hope the adverts you get as a guest put her off :)

I am bumping this up since only 147 of us have responded so far... I think the OP had a really nice idea to understand our geographic profile ...

I am bumping this up since only 147 of us have responded so far... I think the OP had a really nice idea to understand our geographic profile ...

Our citizenships don't necessarily correlate with where we live.

I voted Canada since that is where I now live. I didn't realized I could vote for my dual citizenship, I hold both a Canadian and USA passport. So add one vote to the USA in our poll!! LOL

Ramona, Burlington ON. Canada
Also a US citizen, lved in NH for 25+ years.

Voted US... but am applying for dual Italian.
Husband and sons are already dual Italian... I have to wait longer and jump through more hoops as the wife.

If anyone has any questions about the juris sanguinis process for getting dual citizenship with Italian - I lived and breathed it for almost 2 years while I documented/processed their application.

Back
Top Bottom