Join Early Retirement Today
Old 09-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Khan

Any opinions/experience with popmoney?
It is recommended by a credit card.
PayPal is refusing to cooperate with me.

"Knowin' no one nowhere's gonna miss us when we're gone..."
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sorry, I haven't heard of it.

Lisa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
Sorry, I haven't heard of it.

Popmoney is an innovative service offered by leading financial institutions.
Popmoney eliminates the hassles of checks and cash by allowing you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Best of all, you don't need another account. Just use your current bank account.
If your bank offers Popmoney, you can send and receive money directly through your bank's online and mobile banking site. Otherwise, you can receive your money by providing your bank account information at Once you provide that information, your money will be sent to that bank account.
It's just that easy!
Popmoney was created by CashEdge, the leader in Intelligent Money MovementTM services. CashEdge has spent the last decade working With the nation's leading financial institutions to build innovative, secure solutions to meet the evolving demand for smarter money movement. Financial institutions interested in offering the Popmoney service to their customers can contact us at

My US bank offers it but I haven't looked into it. I assume there is a charge to use the service.

In the UK all the banks offer similar services which are free and extremely easy to use to pay bills, send money to friends etc. I have used these services a lot this last 6 months and maybe I'll investigate popmoney when we get back to the US.

here are some FAQs
Retired in Jan, 2010 at 55
Now it's adventure before dementia
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets
I'm using Popmoney to pay my college student daughter her monthly allowance. Been doing this for over a year. No fees, no hassle, and I don't have to remember to send her a check.

Both of us have bank accounts with PNC bank but PNC offers Popmoney for no fee to non PNC bank accounts.

Tractor guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
I think CashEdge is the company Vanguard uses to consolidate outside accounts with Vgd accounts when compiling reports and total balances.
San Francisco Area
ESR'd March 2010. FIRE'd January 2011.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Another option is Zashpay

It's kind of like Paypal, but instead of a middleman, the payments go from bank to bank. There's like a 75 cent charge to the one initiating the payment.

The drawback is the application process can feel intrusive, as they ask for personal information (SSN, copy of DL) to prove you are who you are. I guess if you open an account in a bank, they'd ask for the same, but it feels funny through the mail.

Prices to send money sure is nicer than Western Union though.
Have you ever seen a headstone with these words
"If only I had spent more time at work" ... from "Busy Man" sung by Billy Ray Cyrus
easysurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
gone traveling
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
I think CashEdge is the company Vanguard uses to consolidate outside accounts with Vgd accounts when compiling reports and total balances.
It is:

and is the feed to Financial Engines on the VG site (if you qualify).

Just as FIDO uses the services of Yodlee for their Full View and related tools.

BTW, I though Pop/Mom Money is what parents gave their childern ...
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
BTW, I though Pop/Mom Money is what parents gave their childern ...
...yeah, and I thought pop money was what I was earning by working that paper route when I was 11 years old...

Find Joy in the Journey...
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote