Join Early Retirement Today

Portfolio Xray
Old 06-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Portfolio Xray

I used to use T.Rowe Price's site to do an "xray" on my portfolio. I cant remember my screen name and password anymore. I figured Id make a new one but cant seem to remember how I set it all up the first time.

I only see a place to sign up for an actual account...not a way to just register with the site to use the tools.

Can someone give me a hint how to do it please?
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #2

Never used it myself, but if you type in a bogus user name you will see a "Forgot Your Password" link. Click on that and you see a "Forgot Your User Name" link.

There is also something called Instant X-Ray: "Members can save portfolios for future analysis from the results page. If you are not a member you will be prompted to register during the save process. Membership is free."

Think I'll try this sometime.
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #3

I cant even find a place to enter a portfolio any more. I cant find the "instant Xray" either.

When I click the "I forgot my username" it asks for real account info..SSN ect.

Maybe they dont have the free tools anymore?
utrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #4

Wasn't able to get the free sign-up to work.
-> www.troweprice.com
-> Individual Investors -> Already An Investor
-> Investment Guidance And Tools
-> Tools And Calculators
-> Investment Planning Tools ... about halfway down the first screens worth of the page you will see a box labeled 'Investment Tools". The second link in that box is Portfolio X-Ray. The fifth link is Instant X-Ray. You probably want Instant X-Ray.
After you click on Instant X-Ray you will see a page where you enter the ticker symbols and value of the funds that you want to Instant X-Ray. Enter the tickers and values (or percentages) then click the "Show Instant X-Ray" button at the bottom of the page. The answer page shows the X-Ray (it is quite interesting -- looks like a style box that shows the percentages of your portfolio that lands in each of the nine boxes). Just above the style box is a "Save Instant X-Ray Holdings As a Portfolio" button.

Spent a few minutes with it and I was not able to create an account like it said I would be able to.

If you like their tools it might be worth opening an account with $0.01. A while back Fido cut me off from some of their tools after I closed an account there. The rep told me I could restore access to the tools by opening a brokerage account with $0.01.
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote