Join Early Retirement Today

posting time?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

posting time?

Just out of curiosity, how much time do the bigger posters on this forum spend in front of a computer each day?

Don't get me wrong, it's much appreciated (great info), but my eyes get blurry after a while...
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: posting time?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I spend 8-9 hours in front of 3 computers at work, then at home, I read newspapers and articles on a wireless laptop while watching TV for about 4 additional hours each day.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutearly
Just out of curiosity, how much time do the bigger posters on this forum spend in front of a computer each day?

Don't get me wrong, it's much appreciated (great info), but my eyes get blurry after a while...
60 hours a week. Yay. I'm not a big poster though
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutearly
2-3 hours/day over one long early-morning session and a couple of shorter ones later in the day.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Its currenly sitting in the kitchen between the stove and the sink. Three meals a day for three people, and six cats and dogs to feed, etc. So all day for a minute or two at a time. Big chunk in the morning after the wife leaves for work and before the baby wakes up.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Generally a 2 hour session in the morning after breakfast and reading the paper. Maybe one hour is spent on this site. The rest on various sites that I visit daily. I may come back here briefly several times during the day to catch up on threads that are of interest.

Grumpy
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm

Turn it on for the dog's first whiz in the morning and turn it off after his last trip in the evening before I go to bed. Post when I'm in the mood.

heh heh heh heh - more often in the morning - although not always.
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Hard for me to tell. I am a person that has a hard time sitting still. Probably picked the wrong career. If I am working a particular day, I go in early, turn on the computer and it stays on for as long as I am at work. I work a little. I pace around the office. I check email. I call someone or someone calls me. I check this board. I work . I pace. I work. I check some other internet site. I pace. I go to the bathroom. I call someone. I work. I check this board. etc.

I really not a nervous person.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #9
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
Hard for me to tell.* I am a person that has a hard time sitting still.* Probably picked the wrong career.* *
You can change any time! We could study together
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew894
It seems like TH and MRGALT post all day long, with the hopes of outdoing each other on the stats pages.* Current winner... MRGALT at 7,159 posts.*
It may "seem" that way, but it's way off. Even when I am posting a lot, I spend little time here. I type and think very fast and I just let the prose flow. Anyway, it's not a competition to me (I have no competition)
th-()-cute fuzzy bunny will regain the "crown" shortly as I am still
in Texas................
stayin' warm, fishing, boating and socializing. BTW, it is absolutely gorgeous here today.
All you shivering Yankees; eat your heart out!

JG
MRGALT2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
Hard for me to tell.* I am a person that has a hard time sitting still.* Probably picked the wrong career.* * If I am working a particular day, I go in early, turn on the computer and it stays on for as long as I am at work.* I work a little.* I pace around the office.* *I check email.* I call someone or someone calls me.* I check this board. I work .* I pace.* I work. I check some other internet site. I pace. I go to the bathroom.* I call someone.* I work.* I check this board. etc.*

I really not a nervous person.* *
I feel your pain. When I was working I was a perpetual motion machine.
In early, out late, traveling and doing "deals" 24/7. When I was at home, I was thinking
about business a lot of the time. Maybe surprising my first marriage lasted as long as it
did.

JG
Old 02-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick2
Hmmm

Turn it on for the dog's first whiz in the morning and turn it off after his last trip in the evening before I go to bed. Post when I'm in the mood.

heh heh heh heh - more often in the morning - although not always.
And I'll bet you never pick up any doggie deposits either.

JG
Old 02-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #13

Same camp as Uncle Mick, but I am an active investor.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #14

Take note of posts 10, 11, and 12 from JG, and you'll see how little time it takes to compose many posts, and how JG got such a high post count.

On a different note, I usually spend ~10-11 hrs/day on weekdays on a computer at work or at home. Weekends - rarely any.

I check in at work occasionally when I need a break and sometimes during lunch when I eat at my desk. Usually when I get done for the day, I'll stop by this site before going home. I may read a little on here at night if I'm on the computer.

Now I'm going home!
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:16 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew894
It seems like TH and MRGALT post all day long, with the hopes of outdoing each other on the stats pages. Current winner... MRGALT at 7,159 posts.
Beats the crap out of whining all day.

According to my chores list already done and to do, the composer of the list would disagree with your thinking.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #16

My computers and I have melded. Soon, they will no longer need me and will post here on their own.
wabmester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #17

Not a big poster but spend close to 10 hours per day on the computer.