Predictions of an imminent 25 year depression

Just wait for global cooling. It's coming any day now.

No need to wait. This reminded me of the group of environmentalists traveling to Antarctica to study global warming a while back who got stuck in the ice well before they got there.

He's been preaching the imminent end of the financial world for a very long time. He may or may not be right eventually but he's been very wrong so far and I have no intention of planning my finances and lifestyle around his speculations of financial armageddon.

I did read one of his books last year - it was a waste of good reading time.

Hope you didn't spend anything on the book. It's always about getting rich by getting attention, by scaring people into buying your book or your foolproof system.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I have found over the years that most con games use greed and/or fear to suck in their victims or suckers as they are known. So I am cautious when someone tells me how scared I should be or how fast I can make a lot of money. Just my two cents worth.

In response to the coming crisis I'm going to diversify my investments, improve my self sufficiency skills, live below my means, and practice my marksmanship.

Hmm, seems like what I was already doing?

Selling a $40 book and up selling a lot more. Reminds me of "Millionaires Dumping Stocks; Economists Know Why". That article has been republished since early 2013. I feel sorry for the poor souls who paid for that book and sold off all their stocks in advance of record S&P 500 gains in 2013!

Doom and gloom sells! Just look at Coast to Coast AM with George Norry or Alex Jones and all of the sponsors who sell haz-mat suits, food storage stuff, gold and so much more.

He correctly predicted 8 out of the last 2 recessions!

Yea but he never mentions the other 42 he predicted which never happened. Make the same prediction over and over all your life, and occasionally you'll be right.

My son used to try to fake me out, pretending to be asleep when I came home from work. One day, when he was older, he asked me how I always knew when he was faking sleep.

Simple, I replied, every night I came home I walked over to you and whispered, "you're faking". The times you didn't respond, I knew you were asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Predicting terrorist attacks, preventing financial meltdowns, uncovering hidden conspiracies, working for the CIA.....

Are we sure this wasn't written by the Dos Equis guy?

Back
Top Bottom