Predictions of an imminent 25 year depression

Golden sunsets

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I must admit that I was discomforted after reading the following article and watching the video interview with Jim Rickards, who some would claim has serious credentials to make such claims. In a nutshell, according to him, financial collapse is imminent. Do others on this forum feel that his predictions are alarmist or are they prescient?

CIA Insider Warns: '25-Year Great Depression is About to Strike America'

I hear this guy is a freemason and also a secret knight of Templar, and furthermore is a boglehead.

Ha

I fast forwarded to the end of the video...

And I was shocked to find they were attempting to sell a product

I must admit that I was discomforted after reading the following article and watching the video interview with Jim Rickards, who some would claim has serious credentials to make such claims. In a nutshell, according to him, financial collapse is imminent. Do others on this forum feel that his predictions are alarmist or are they...
I try to find out a bit more about the publishing Web site. If you go to the about us page, and glance at the pop-up, you see the vested interest that the site has in trying to alarm you.

The absolute last part of the article should put this in perspective: "Order his book now..."

I'm a little peeved that I spent two minutes reading this crap before seeing the "buy his book now!"

Maybe I can save the forum participants some time...

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

Executive Summary: Buy my book!

Synopsis:

• Debt dooms us. DOOOOOM!
  • Misery Index rises
  • Instantaneous 70% stock market drop. Nobody sees it coming (except the author)
  • Fall of the dollar as the global currency reserve
  • Terrorists do something terrible
  • Buy my book

Last edited:
Why worry, we are all going to get Ebola and won't survive

The sky is falling!
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes...volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice..dogs and cats living together....mass hysteria. Yeah the guy might be right.:LOL:

I must admit that I was discomforted after reading the following article and watching the video interview with Jim Rickards, who some would claim has serious credentials to make such claims....

I don't think anybody has the "serious credentials" to make such a claim.

It seems that in my lifetime about once a decade someone comes out of the woodwork & claims imminent collapse and somehow works gold into the narrative. I was thinking the other day that perhaps I'd write a book of doom and gloom and working gold into it somehow.

To find out now that this has been done recently by someone else saddens me as this decade is now taken. I now can not write a doom and gloom economics book now that is sprinkled with gold dust. Another lost opportunity for me :(.

If I had his 'credentials' including such future insight, I would not bother with the hard work of book writing. Cruising the billionaire circuit anonymously would be way too much fun.

Reminds me of the guy that ran radio ads for the entire year of 2013 pretty much along the same lines. When the 'evil date' came and went, they played the EXACT SAME AD except they changed the year to 2015. I have to assume enough idiots bought into it for him to finance another 6 months is commercials. Thankfully, I haven't heard them as of late.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

I've marked the date (April 5, 2015) on my calendar just in case I need to panic. It is only 7 months from now....

On April 5, 2015 I will be very happy because another winter will be almost ending over here in the Northeast......

SO if I don't die from the Ebola "epidemic" (consisting of ONE person) in the US, I'll be thinking about planting the garden.....

Remember the Mayan calendar scare, the Fiscal Cliff nonsense, Y2K- end of the world.....and last but not least ( be sure to shriek this and jump up and down at the same time): GOLD will be $5000 per oz by 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yawn.

Actually, I spent most of today with the beagle looking for rabbits. Didn't see many, but I did bag one of the few I saw.

Back
Top Bottom