Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, I spent a couple of hours this a.m. working on next year's
finances. Lots of changes. Start of snowbirding in the winter,
DW switching jobs, SS begins. Anyway, when I finished I called
and set up a regular monthly draw on my IRA, 12 years after
I expected to start! The girl on the phone
(at my broker's) said "Was it good planning or indecision?"
I told her it was mostly luck, which is true. Honestly, looking back
it's hard to see how I was able to pull it off.

JG

For a minute I thought this was going to be the post where you tell us you are using your Plan B weapon on yourself to avoid paying for long-term care or something. Glad it's not the case! :)

justin said:
For a minute I thought this was going to be the post where you tell us you are using your Plan B weapon on yourself to avoid paying for long-term care or something.  Glad it's not the case!   :)

Nice of you to say so. :)

JG

I'd hate for you to waste a perfectly good bullet on such a hard head! ;)

justin said:
I'd hate for you to waste a perfectly good bullet on such a hard head!   ;)

I thought plan B was using the bullet on someone else?

John, you keep this board entertained.  Glad you will be able to collect SS now. You would laugh if you ever saw my budget/financial papers!!!  My DH shakes his head and says that I worry too much..  You are so right though - life is short.  We have seen too many loved ones pass away without enjoying a retirement. 

JG is one of the board's fleas.... ;)

"A reasonable amount of fleas is good for a dog; it keeps him from brooding over being a dog." ... Mark Twain.

Didn't some old moldy Roman say "Luck favors the bold'. Sounds like that is the case with you JG, one of the bolder people on this board. Perhaps a lesson in there for the rest of us.

mike

BearlyWorking said:
Didn't some old moldy Roman say "Luck favors the bold'.  Sounds like that is the case with you JG, one of the bolder people on this board.  Perhaps a lesson in there for the rest of us.

mike

Maybe. I also like "A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck!", James
A. Garfield. He had some bad luck when he was shot at a train depot
on July 2, 1881. Coincidentally, July 2 is also the day Hemingway
committed suicide (clever tie in with my Subject). None of this has anything to do with ER,
just useless information bouncing around in my brain. Now back
to our regularly scheduled program. :)

JG

Sounds like that is the case with you JG, one of the bolder people on this board. Perhaps a lesson in there for the rest of us.

:duh: zzz.... zzz.... zzz....

Back
Top Bottom