Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

After my hubby & I were retired for about 6 months we both wanted to work p.t. but not have our schedules rigidly controlled by others. About that time I had an offer to teach an online college class & also to do some consulting work in my field. My hubby found a p.t. engineering job -that was something he did not think was possible. We are both happier then we have ever been-it's now been 2 years. I think everyone has to find what works for them.
Teacher Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyBoy View Post
Last night I got a wake-up call when I stumbled across the obituary of my best friend from college who died last year. Obviously, we had lost touch considering I didn't even know he died until 8 months later, but it was still a kick in the gut. I'm feeling my soul telling me it's time to go.
I hear ya. I didn't mention it in my original post, but I had a similar wake-up call: a seemingly very healthy acquaintance (a few years younger than me) died suddenly a few months ago. As we age, those wake-up calls are only likely to increase, until we're the ones making the call. I'd like to make the most of my time on this earth before then -- and, in my case, leaving the corporate life behind is a necessary first step.
Focus is offline   Reply With Quote