Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Question about a MasterCard
Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Question about a MasterCard

My current masterCard jacked up it's APR from last month's 6.99% to 13.99% the last invoice. It prompted me to seek out a new card and I found this one: Find-A-Card: Find The Perfect Small Business Credit Card | MasterCard Small Business*| MasterCard® and am curious for your insights as to whether or not it's worth signing up for? Note: no annual fee and says 6.99% APR - curious

When that page comes up, go to bottom VIEW ALL CARDS & see top MC that appears, title:
Fifth Third Bank Professional MasterCard
danno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno1 View Post
My current masterCard jacked up it's APR from last month's 6.99% to 13.99% the last invoice. It prompted me to seek out a new card and I found this one: Find-A-Card: Find The Perfect Small Business Credit Card | MasterCard Small Business*| MasterCard® and am curious for your insights as to whether or not it's worth signing up for? Note: no annual fee and says 6.99% APR - curious

When that page comes up, go to bottom VIEW ALL CARDS & see top MC that appears, title:
Fifth Third Bank Professional MasterCard
i had a card that jacked the rate and when i called them i was told that if i didnt agree to the rate increase they would freeze the card, leave the interest rate at the low level until i paid it off and then cancel the card. might be an option for you
jdw_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

I called them, that's why I'm searching for a new credit card. They said this was "across the board" with all card holders. I mean, I have an excellent credit rating & fico PLUS even sent them $1235 last month & %545 this week. That did not matter. So I'm looking for another card. I need some advice where to find a good low interest card.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Who cares what the rate is. Pay off the balance monthly and the annual interest rate is some kind of weird problem that others have.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Contrary to popular belief, many people use credit cards for business purposes (Not sure if anyone else here does) and do big charges on cards (advertising, phone bills, internet, printing costs, fuel for mileage etc.), when a specific month rolls around and you cannot pay it off all at once, it's nice to pay your preferred amount or even a minimum monthly amount and divert other costs on bank loans etc. I might as well not even use a credit card and simply pay with cash for everything . . . but that's impossible. Which is probably why credit cards were invented. Especially when the economy is on life support like it is now. So basically, I am STILL in need of advice as to where to find a reliable credit card with reasonable APR.

And btw: speaking of "weird problems" other people have is why these damn interest rates are so high in the first place...idiots who max them out and cannot pay them and then declare bankruptcy....so yeah, that is weird
Old 01-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #6

another thought, why do u care about APR, you should be paying off your cerdit card every bill.
jdw_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
Dryer sheet wannabe

The Best Credit Cards - Compare Credit Card Offers and Apply at CreditCardGuide.com

I have no relationship w/this website. They appear to make $$$ from credit card applications using their links.
Woz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #8

I've had no trouble with credit-union-issued credit cards. I have a card from an previous employer's employee credit union and one from PenFed. I've heard there are credit unions for business banking but haven't had a need to check into them.

I've found Discover to be annoying in their rate swings, promotions and credit increases/decreases. Some other banks' MC and Visas and store cards will play with limits and rates and threaten to close the card, lower the limit or kidnap a pet if I don't use the card for a while.

Actually I've never had a problem with AMEX, either, and somehow I now have 3 AMEX cards. (One for work, the Costco one and a Blue for a particular purpose.) I wouldn't say I trust them as much as a credit union, but they haven't messed with me like bank issuers and Discover have.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote