Question About Effective Tax Rates in Early Retirement

I just tried it and found it quite helpful looking ahead at 2011. There are small bracket changes between 2010 and 2011, but not meaningful.

As far as accuracy, seems very likely that it would be accurate. If there is one thing computers do well it is add and subtract, and the relevant algorithm once you have categorized income is straightforward.

This beats loading up my TTax files with dummy tax scenarios, I thank you for posting it.

Ha
Hey, glad it was useful. I found it to be really easy to use and covered just the right amount of typical income sources to make it useful to most folks' tax situation.

I used it to try to predict taxes for some what-ifs last year involving IRA conversion to Roth and it really helped determine my thresholds and I was able to keep in the bracket I wanted.

I used it to try to predict taxes for some what-ifs last year involving IRA conversion to Roth and it really helped determine my thresholds and I was able to keep in the bracket I wanted.
Yes, that is what I am trying to do also. I made a pretty good spreadsheet that projects some years into the future, and categorizes incoem by type, and in which both the brackets and the rates are variables. But this calculator is a great check on that, as well as being quick.

Ha

Anyone know where ther might be a state tax estimator?

Back
Top Bottom