Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #121
Dryer sheet aficionado

Ouch, the whip! Really?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #122
Full time employment: Posting here.

This is interesting; there is no FAQ or Best of the Boards links that I can find on renting vs. owning! Pay off vs. keep mortgage, yes, plenty. . . but - has this topic not come up before in a major way on this forum

"I've traded love for pennies, sold my soul for less" -Jim Croce, Age
Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #123
Dryer sheet aficionado

It was but deemed not appropriate by some of the large post count types.

But really this post is about rent vs buy. I suggested the OP is very likely correct.

Can anyone refute "with data" her original posts? It appears not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
This is interesting; there is no FAQ or Best of the Boards links that I can find on renting vs. owning! Pay off vs. keep mortgage, yes, plenty. . . but - has this topic not come up before in a major way on this forum
Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #124
Dryer sheet aficionado

All righty-then. I'm back from my massage and feeling groovy again. (cute emoticon, I couldn't resist)

I have an idea. Those of you interested in discussing the original question, let's move on over and start a new thread. We can start the rent vs. buy conversation by discussing a relevant article published by msnbc today. For those in favor of sharing constructive conversation and a polite exchange of thoughts and ideas, read this article: Housing mess makes buying decisions harder - Money - MSNBC.com
first, then head on over to the fresh slate (post thread) I'll create right now. Look for the title, "Rent vs Buy".
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #125
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy Belly View Post

But really this post is about rent vs buy. I suggested the OP is very likely correct.

Can anyone refute "with data" her original posts? It appears not.
Puppy Belly
Read my posts. Although not rent v buy, definitely pro RE investment in certain areas.

Are we storming the castle? If so I'd suggest torches. I'd like a torch. Lit!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #126
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

So things a little slow for you these days, OAP?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #127
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy Belly View Post
It was but deemed not appropriate by some of the large post count types.
Links?

"I've traded love for pennies, sold my soul for less" -Jim Croce, Age
Old 01-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #128
Moderator Emeritus

I closed this thread and moved the last two posts over to the new thread started by MMND>

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #129
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Any one like to speak to the issue of rent vs. buy?

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Closed Thread