Question specifically for the older/wiser (50+)

Re: Question specifically for the older/wiser (50+

But, let's face it, it's a rare problem and certainly way down on the list of the dangers to a typical ER portfolio.JG
True I suppose JG.

Nevertheless, it is sometimes good to remember that what counts is not the danger to a "typical portfolio", but the danger to one's own particular portfolio.

Mikey

Re: Question specifically for the older/wiser (50+

I'm not thrilled with the fees on PCRDX and I might eventually open an account with Vanguard or someone like that just so that I can get access to PCRIX, but for now it isn't worth the trouble.  I am OK with ponying up in the meantime because the data was so compelling, and commodities have a relatively high negative correlation with small caps, which I am heavily over-weighted in.

I'm just off the phone with the account representative at my local branch office of TD Waterhouse and he says that you can buy PCRIX through them for $1000 initial and $500 follow on investments or half of that in an IRA.

Re: Have a long horizon or sleep at night?

brewer12345 said:
Nords, can you favor us with your investment thesis to short BBW?

I shorted at $29.58 last November. It was no fun watching the stock rise to $36.

Today the other shoe dropped with a loud thunk when they cut their earnings forecast and the stock dropped 20%. I covered at $22-- no reason to be greedy.

Cost of the round trip-- $16.28 minus short-term cap gains. Time to go longboard shopping. In Australia.

I think I'm done nursing my grudge over Eddie Lampert & KMart...

Back
Top Bottom