Quicken 2011 Error - Security Value

Omalley

Recycles dryer sheets
I searched for earlier posts on this topic and could not find a match. I recently discovered an error in my Quicken 2011 data. For one of my Investment Bank tracking accounts the detailed Portfolio Value does not match the summary Security Value.

The Security Value (incorrect) is used to calculate the total Net Worth amount on the left hand side of the Quicken display. An internet search yielded evidence that it is known issue, but no concrete solutions.

Has anyone had a similar issue with Quicken 2011? If yes, is there a fix?

Omalley

Never had this issue, and I periodically reconcile the values per Quicken and Vanguard and they agree.

I had something like this, I don't remember exactly what it was. My fix was to switch to Moneydance.

I had this problem with my brokerage accounts. I believe it had something to do with how they managed the margin accounts. The only way to "fix" it was to delete the accounts, recreate them, and redownload all the data which then was accurate. As a result, I don't track brokerage data in quicken anymore.

Fixed!

I managed to find errors in the input for a Dec-11 401k match transactions. The 'Acquisition Date' was mistakenly entered as a Dec-12 date instead of Dec-11. As a result, Quicken was not counting those transactions as part of the Security Value. However, it did recognize the shares as part of the portolio.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Omalley

Back
Top Bottom