Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Quicken Not Downloading Quotes
Old 03-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quicken Not Downloading Quotes

My Quicken 2014 doesn't seem to be downloading quotes today. Anyone else having problems? Believe I have till April 2017 before I have to download new version in order to continue to get quotes?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

I have the same version and had the same issue yesterday afternoon. I find that if I go to a brokerage account, click the little gear/settiings icon for that account, then select "update quotes" from the dropdown - it will force an update.

I've seen this 4-5 times in the past couple of months.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #3
Dryer sheet aficionado

I am having the same problem with Quicken 2016
Jimbo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I also have Quicken 2014, and see the same problem today.

I have seen this before, and the problem cleared up in a few hours. I think Quicken server has problems. What is strange today is that one single stock gets price update. What's special about that stock?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #5

I have Quicken 2014 and I had the same problem yesterday but it seems to work fine today.

Did anyone had a problem downloading the new software version R9 recently?
I get a bad image message when I attempt to update the software and it won't allow me to download it again.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtn View Post
My Quicken 2014 doesn't seem to be downloading quotes today. Anyone else having problems? Believe I have till April 2017 before I have to download new version in order to continue to get quotes?
Went and played golf, came home and everything seems to be working fine now.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #7

Yep - worked for me this afternoon. (And it was a day I wanted to see my totals added up. )
Old 03-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Yes, the stock update resumed a few hours ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
... Did anyone had a problem downloading the new software version R9 recently?
I get a bad image message when I attempt to update the software and it won't allow me to download it again.
The 1st time I did it a week or two ago, the patch was bad and did not install. I tried again today, and this time it worked.

You can go to Tools -> One step update -> Update now, and Quicken will check the version and let you try again.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 03-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
The 1st time I did it a week or two ago, the patch was bad and did not install. I tried again today, and this time it worked.

You can go to Tools -> One step update -> Update now, and Quicken will check the version and let you try again.
I had the same issue with the update/patch not working. (Which I think is a separate issue.) I was able to re-download it yesterday morning and have it work.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
I tried that a few times to no avail. Every time I attempt to update the program stops working. The only way for me to use the program is to decline the installation of the patch when I open Quicken.
Corporateburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

For me, the patch initially crashed two weeks ago. I kept declining it until today when I gave it a 2nd shot. It worked this time.

Looks like crapshoot, as many software packages are nowadays. Pretty sad affair.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:20 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

My Quicken quotes were also slow in updating late in the week. Also, Google Sheets seemed slow to update prices, which is unusual because those seem to be updated more promptly than Quicken (and automatically, which is a bonus).

It doesn't concern me too much though, 'cause I'm not a Market Timing Winged Monkey.
steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

I have been using quicken since the demise of MS Money - I upgraded to 2016 over the holidays - it is so unstable that nothing is surprising, updates, Currencies have not updated for a month, erroneous transactions (most are old) and then getting the dreaded place holder transactions then end of messing up the balances. I do wish that there was another alternative that worked and support by the institutions. - Ah well, someday someone will create something that works to make a buck
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:46 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

Is Moneydance not able to download quotes & transactions from various financial institutions like Quicken can?
Dreaming of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Freedom View Post
Is Moneydance not able to download quotes & transactions from various financial institutions like Quicken can?
Moneydance has been working fine for me for both quotes and transactions.
tulak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

FWIW I'm not having any trouble downloading quotes into my old Quicken 2007 for Mac, so some update screwed things up on the later Windows version?