Ray Lucia now doing Hyundai Commercials?

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What is this with the financial gurus needing extra pocket change? First Scott Burns starts his own fee-based planning firm, now Ray Lucia is out hawking Hyundais??

What's the world coming to?? :D:D:D

I may be old - but any chance to impress the chicks? - it's a male hormone thing.

They sneak in everywhere. I keep tellin ya!

heh heh heh - about a month to regular football and this year maybe 'the stock' that gets me to that villa in the Bahamas and ?Saint's in the playoff's - let alone Superbowl.

Isn't that all anybody on this board works for?

I guess I would have thought Ray and Scott would be FIRED by now.....kinda makes me wonder how good their advice is.........:eek::D

Lucia's pretty greedy - always hawking his books, seminars, affiliates, whatever.

I think he's one of those successful (?) people where the line is blurry between money being the means versus the ends.

Those commercials have been playing for several months now. I think they took "Buckets of Money" and morphed it into "Cars Stuffed with Money". It's a stretch - but Ray sure looks cheerful to be doing those commercials....

Audrey

There is as much chance of me buying a Hyundai as there is that I would turn to Ray Lucia for serious financial advice.

What I found shocking is that the script calls for people recognizing him, knowing who he is and what he wrote. Better than a book tour. If you quizzed me, I couldn't tell you which car was being hyped.

There is as much chance of me buying a Hyundai as there is that I would turn to Ray Lucia for serious financial advice.
Actually, I think his 'buckets' strategy is pretty sound. It's really just a special type of asset allocation where instead of looking at allocating *percentages* of your portfolio into various asset classes, you look at allocating a number of years of income in each type.

Actually I think it makes more sense than allocating by percentages in some cases -- those who need 1% of their portfolio each year can certainly take more risk than someone who needs 4% -- but it's not something I'd pay someone a lot of money to implement for me.

Actually, I think his 'buckets' strategy is pretty sound. It's really just a special type of asset allocation where instead of looking at allocating *percentages* of your portfolio into various asset classes, you look at allocating a number of years of income in each type.

Actually I think it makes more sense than allocating by percentages in some cases -- those who need 1% of their portfolio each year can certainly take more risk than someone who needs 4% -- but it's not something I'd pay someone a lot of money to implement for me.

I agree with the his buckets strategy in a conceptual sense. I would certainly not sign up with his firm to manage my portfolio though.

i like rays bucket system alot. been using it about 2 years now. never lost a nights sleep

What is this with the financial gurus needing extra pocket change? First Scott Burns starts his own fee-based planning firm, now Ray Lucia is out hawking Hyundais??
What's the world coming to?? :D:D:D
At least Scott Burns has cheerfully admitted that he'll never retire, and maybe he still hasn't emotionally recovered from being let go at his last newspaper job. Or perhaps he's helping his good buddy Kotlikoff stay gainfully employed.

As for Lucia, I think he's just jealous that Suze got to flog GM [-]buckets[/-] products...

"It's Science Folks"

I have heard Ray talk about his commercial for many months now. I have called his show ,I think, two or three times.

Last time... we tangled. I told him that his strategy wasn't for everyone. Especially, when he is basically a "buy and hold" guy. Which he denied and within 10 minutes was preaching it. I also took issue with his saying that "buy and hold" was "science". I said, "Gravity is science, not "buy and hold". Thats when his wheels came off.

So he attacked me and went to commercial. I held on, and with time to think, came back after the break and said, "Boy, you guys certainly don't take any criticism do you? You are the ones that have the big voices and the kill button not me. I'm just trying to give an opinion."

Well, things changed in a heart beat. He started saying, "We are not bullies." Well maybe, but my father told me a long time ago, "The affirmation is in the denial."

He sure got friendly though, as he realized just how many listeners were hearing this. The next time I tuned in to the show he was still talking about my call. "That guy from California..." and his partner said, "Yeah, Ray don't call it science."

I do respect his opinion though and I told him so. I often listen to him now and he does have a strategy. I just think "buy and hold" is not science and it is going to hurt a lot of people.

b.

Back
Top Bottom