recommend a good online budgeting planner ?

caracol7

Dryer sheet wannabe
I'm not retired yet, but getting close enough to start comparing my current living expenses vs. anticipated retirement living expenses. I've been searching for a good (and free) online budget calculator or planner. I haven't found one that I like yet. I want something that is flexible enough to add my own expense categories and organize it in a way that makes sense for me. I started doing one myself in Excel, but I'm not at all proficient at it and I just got frustrated. I figured I don't have to reinvent a wheel that I'm sure has already been invented. Any recommendations?

I just used a basic one in Excel... nothing complex. I don't get it down to the penny and it's not automated, but for its purposes it works OK.

I did have Quicken, but got fed up with some of its problems and that's when I switched to Excel.

Finance Dave said:

I just played with this and while it has the correct categories I think the allocations are off base! I can agree with it that I pay too much for taxes but allocating 30% of income for housing & personal debt is bunk at the ER stage. Just my opinion that we should have no payments except for modest house payment.

Back
Top Bottom