Repeat UA Mileage Plus bonus miles?

FIREd_2015

Recycles dryer sheets
I get periodic offers to sign up for a United Mileage Plus Visa card. This latest offer is 60k signup bonus miles after charging $3k in the first 3 months with no annual fee the first year. I signed up many years ago to get the bonus miles and cancelled the card before the 1 yr anniversary to avoid the annual fee. I thought the bonus miles was a once in a lifetime event but was recently told that the "one time" bonus offer is now every two years meaning if it's been over two years since I've cancelled the card I'm eligible for another 60k signup bonus. It seems too good to be true. Had anyone tried and succeeded in getting multiple credit card signup bonus awards from United or American Airlines?

I'm on my second go-around with Chase United. Not certain I even had a full 2 year break. I think I got 50k points each time.

I'm on my second go-around with Chase United. Not certain I even had a full 2 year break. I think I got 50k points each time.

Thanks. Seems like a really cheap way to get 50-60k airline miles since the opportunity cost is $60 (2% cash back card) versus $500+ value of the miles.

If they say two years it's two years. I had an AA card I dropped about 4 years ago and I'm busy running up the $3,000 charges I need to make on my shiny new AA MasterCard to get the 60,000 mile bonus.

If they say two years it's two years. I had an AA card I dropped about 4 years ago and I'm busy running up the $3,000 charges I need to make on my shiny new AA MasterCard to get the 60,000 mile bonus.

I could use some AA miles too. I'll have to take a look at their MasterCard. What a cool racket!

I could use some AA miles too. I'll have to take a look at their MasterCard. What a cool racket!

Used to be better. Years ago they had AA-branded Visa AND MasterCard and for awhile they were offering 75,000 bonus miles each. I got both.:D

Back
Top Bottom