Retirees Thrive Regardless of Nest Egg

See? A case study of lifestyle inflation. We take something pleasurable that's free and make it cost $550. Why, I remember this one time as a broke college student and SQUIRREL!!

Erotica with rodents?

You guys...girls...

Please understand, this is not a regular thing with me, I have to force myself to do it - :)

It is getting easier though.

As I said, if you don't buy the house and the Maserati, you get to go crazy with the little stuff - :)

My guess is a problem with the seat cutoff safety switch. We had that problem you described.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or just a plugged carburetor jet or clogged fuel filter.. Engine being starved for fuel. Dies when you put the PTO (blade) load on the engine.

Or just a plugged carburetor jet or clogged fuel filter.. Engine being starved for fuel. Dies when you put the PTO (blade) load on the engine.
Possibly. I tested all three switches I could find for continuity (Seat, PTO, and reverse RIO - the tractor is a 16 year old Sabre 1542 HS) and they seemed to test fine. Considering the completely trouble free 16 years of service I've had from this tractor no complaints but I sure would like to cure what ails it since the motor still seems strong and the mowing deck looks fine. On to the fuel system and beyond!

BTW, it sure seems silly to comment on this sort of thing in the context of $1,700 a night hotel rooms as brought up in prior posts but that's what makes this site so wonderful! Plus the fact that being ER I can spend as much time as wish in this silly pursuit which is actually kind of fun.

That's the spirit! That's what makes it cool.

You can do anything you want within your means and desires.

I have similar - a 20 year old garden reactor that I bought used but with a really nice and strong running Briggs Stratton commercial motor.

I keep her running with an occasional repair.

I could buy a new one but accept the challenge to keep what I have running.

So old that it will be like the cars in Cuba before long. Ha ha.

I used Starwood and Marriott hotels when in the megacorp for decades and that's about as fancy as I get when I travel now. To each his or her own. Life is short. Enjoy some along the way for sure. My habit is old motorcycles. I have 5 and always looking to add more.

Gets me every time. Next week I have to work on his patios "when I visit".
It's called payback time. We went through that with MIL. And driving her to 3 grocery stores because of the sale items.

I said to DW: Just consider that you will spend the day and she can decide how to spend it.

My half dozen 14 oz lobster tails arrived today;

26794979764_62af1b5b31.jpg

4 are in the freezer in vacuum bags and 2 are thawing for tomorrow. Kelly will be over for Martini's, lobster tails, fresh spinach and rice medley in butter & herb sauce.

We are gonna thrive - :)

My half dozen 14 oz lobster tails arrived today;

26794979764_62af1b5b31.jpg

4 are in the freezer in vacuum bags and 2 are thawing for tomorrow. Kelly will be over for Martini's, lobster tails, fresh spinach and rice medley in butter & herb sauce.

We are gonna thrive - :)

I am envious (Connecticut native and lobster lover). Have a great time!;)

We had to do that during a fraternity initiation. A bathtub full of ice water. Get in and roll over 3 times saying "I'm forever blowing bubbles".

Yes, it was torture. Afterwards we were told to sprint upstairs where the hot showers were running.

Absolutely, I guess I should have qualified that statement by "as long as it is your money". Thats why I would never run for public office.
Of course we come from a country where the Senators complain about the brie cheese being served cold on the airline!

Back
Top Bottom