Return of the 6.25, 7yr CD

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Navy Fed Credit Union.........www.nfcu.org
Not quite as sweet as Pen Fed (higher minimums)

6.25% APY*7-Year Term 6.00% APY**15-Month Term
Deposit Amount at Maturity Amount at Maturity
$8,000 - $8,603
$10,000 - $10,753
$20,000 $30,576 $21,507
$40,000 $61,152 $43,015
$60,000 $91,729 $64,522

Funds transferred from other financial institutions welcome.

I guess this gives us a hint how many NFCU customers bolted for PenFed last month...

Nords said:
I guess this gives us a hint how many NFCU customers bolted for PenFed last month...

I figured they were just tryin to make up for that plug you pulled out. I thought there would be more replies.............I guess everyone here got on board at PenFed.

Just curious, can you join if non military? I didn't see any organization you could join, as Pen Fed allows, which enables you to be eligible.

DOG52 said:
Just curious, can you join if non military? I didn't see any organization you could join, as Pen Fed allows, which enables you to be eligible.

As far as I can tell, it's not as generous with membership qualifications as with Pen Fed.

My grandfather was in the Navy during WW II (didn't see combat, but was stationed at bases in VA and Alaska), so I have to call next week to see if that qualifies (he's deceased, so it's not like he can join, and then I can join with the "current family member as a credit union member" clause)

Yes a bit tougher, but if you can qualify, cheaper. Have kin in Navy just ask him/her for their account number and you can join. That is how I did it a few months ago when they had a tab better rates than PENFED.

Back
Top Bottom