Rich_in_Tampa ESRs!

Mmm....do mah eyes betray me? Mmmm...I'll get back with ya Rich when I've finished mah second cup of coffee....
sFun_mornincoffee.gif
This thread requires a full blown bbbamI reply....

That's wonderful, Rich. I've been noticing your decimating retirement ratio in your sig.

Unlike your aboveboard plans, I know a lot of guys who would love to claim they're going to Vegas for "consulting" purposes :) Let me know if you run into them in the ER.

Congrats Rich, I really like your plans for retirement. Allows you to do a bit of what you trained to do, but not too intrusive.

WOW! FINALLY!

CONGRATS! :clap::dance::clap::dance::clap:

You know quite a few of us have just been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to finally take this important step!

How exciting!

Audrey

Wow ! Congratulations and it sounds like you found the perfect part time gig just be sure to not take your pay in chips and stay away from the cocktail waitresses !

Congratulations!! :clap: I'm sure you'll love the new lifestyle.

BTW, I have a pt j*b and work a few hours a week. I actually enjoy it and am glad to do it - sometimes I think if I didn't have it, I might never leave the house! :LOL: Hopefully you will find it is pleasant and a nice break from your new retirement routine.

Most excellent! That's a really cool semi for your ER, too. Just out of curiosity, let us know when that 5 day gig starts feeling like w*rk. That will be a true sign of being all the way into the FIREd mindset. :LOL:

Good for you! :dance::dance::dance::clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations!!!!

I hope you truly enjoy ESR. It sure sounds like you will.

Two years in and we are loving it. The trick for us has been controling the partime work. It can grow on you rather quickly. Bob's plan works very well BTW, espically if you use a little of UncleMicks advice on LBYM also.

Congratulations Rich! It sounds like you found the perfect ESR arrangement.

No nights and no call! That's a pretty decent improvement even without the reduction in days. Physician schedules can be painful.

Wow Rich! Congrats. I can't believe how excited I am about someone else's [semi-]retirement! A person I've never met no less! :)

On a sadder note, I will miss the will-he-won't-he soap opera saga!

Wow Rich! Congrats. I can't believe how excited I am about someone else's [semi-]retirement! A person I've never met no less! :)

On a sadder note, I will miss the will-he-won't-he soap opera saga!
Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm.

Regarding resurrecting the drama that has been inflicted upon me lo these many years, I can probably conjure up some story where I get sucked back into full time work -- inflation, etc. Just don't tell REW it's a crock. :hide:

Congratulations Rich! Sounds like a sweet deal. Now don't go blowing those FIRE funds in Vegas!

Rich, congratulations on your ESR:)

Looks like a win win win plan you've built for your next step. Enjoy!

Rich,
Congratulations! Is the PT stuff to be as an employee or as a consultant? I would imagine the very real malparactice/liability issues would be reduced by being an employee.
Once I decided to jump off the full-time gig and start consulting, I re-read Bob Clyatt's book. It was a good refresher and I mined a few more nuggets once I had a better idea of what my situation would actually be.
Keep us informed as the transition progresses.

I hate to hear it. You will be bored out of your mind. In a nut shell....retirement sucks.;) Now, time for another nap.

2431507475_466cc92b4c.jpg

Congratulations! Is the PT stuff to be as an employee or as a consultant? I would imagine the very real malparactice/liability issues would be reduced by being an employee.
Sam, both situations will be as a part-time employee, month to month. It's very difficult to go part-time on your own in medicine -- even the lite version of malpractice insurance is a killer. I will practice under the employer's policy.

I get to contribute to my retirement plan (at least I'll contribute up to the match) even as I semi-retire. Unfortunately I will have to keep my current health insurance out of pocket since neither employer's plan allows continuation after termination and I don't want to risk being trapped in a job just to keep insurance.

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love ESR -- tons of free time, continuing income, great job gratification. The best of both worlds in many ways.

Back
Top Bottom