Join Early Retirement Today

Rob Black, genius or not?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Rob Black, genius or not?

I started recording Rob Black's TV show along with PBS' "Nightly Business Report" when the mortgage mess news began recently. Black may be local, he's on an independent station in San Francisco. My take with just a few viewings is that he really knows his stuff but is pushing what I believe is media (and government) correct advice: stay in the market! He's also giving his viewpoint here and there on the TV station's 4 p.m. news. Are you familiar with him?
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
I started recording Rob Black's TV show along with PBS' "Nightly Business Report" when the mortgage mess news began recently. Black may be local, he's on an independent station in San Francisco. My take with just a few viewings is that he really knows his stuff but is pushing what I believe is media (and government) correct advice: stay in the market! He's also giving his viewpoint here and there on the TV station's 4 p.m. news. Are you familiar with him?
According to his website, he is local to the Bay Area. Maybe he has been franchised out to other areas. I haven't heard him, but that doesn't mean anything!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Confused about dryer sheets

I havent heard of him either but - stick with it and ride the storm if you can afford to.
whizzwanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Rob Black is a favorite of mine and I highly recommend him. He has a definite point of view and you probably won't agree with everything he says, but he is a smart guy, knowlegable and seems very objective.

He answers a lot of caller questions including giving opinions on specific stocks and he gives very straight answers. My favorite thing about him and his show is that he has a hard time being PC. If he thinks something is a POS, he usually says so. He also really, really hates Suze if that tells you anything.

In addition to being on local TV, he also runs seminars in the area, usually with a real estate guy and a financial planner. Half day events, no selling, for $5 or $10, which, if I remember correctly, all goes to charity.

He is only local at this time, but his show (Rob Black and Your Money) is also available on the web at Welcome to Robblack.com if you want to try a show.
Anansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Tooo many oo's n the link.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I've now watched enough of his shows to agree with Anansi. One thing I've liked is the way he shows what a good stock chart should look like; how to choose a stock to invest in. As I understand it, he concentrates on asset accumulation.

I was concerned about him because I used to think his show was an infomercial for his seminars. And then the independent station started to apparently upgrade his image. Now he could be confused for an anchorman on the 4:00 p.m. news. He brings on financial planners as experts who also advertize on his show.

P.S. he also skewers that Cramer guy.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote